1. Sony Walkman WM-FX2

Sony Walkman WM-FX2 Newbie

Remember most cradles designed for Palm PDAs are cross compatible. So don't feel pressured to ONLY get a Palm IIIx cradle; a Palm deluxe or Palm Pilot Pro's cradle should do the trick; most of the pre-2000 devices from Palm were very similar; they should work. By the way, I'm sixteen and have a Palm IIIx; just thought that it was cool that we're both teens that have PDAs. Most of my class don't even know what a PDA is.

2. Retrograde

Retrograde Mobile Enthusiast

I know! Same with mine! I still intend to keep the retro vibe going, as I am planning on buying an iPhone 3GS- more modern than the Nokia, but still sufficiently old! Thanks for your help, and I may buy the cradle- although I use Vista, so will need more software! Thanks

lelisa13p, Hook and RickAgresta like this.
  3. Sony Walkman WM-FX2

Sony Walkman WM-FX2 Newbie

Personally, I live a post post modernist lifestyle so I am always preserving the old while using the new,(hence my username) and honestly my next phone will probably be the Nokia 3310 (2017) or the Blackberry KeyOne. The iphone, even if it;s the 3GS, is not retro in my opinion because the iphones represent the future: black slabs of glass, flat and minimalistic, with few buttons and such. I really like what Blackberry is doing because the phones stand OUT. I have a Nokia Lumia 1020, and it's turning five in a few months. It's acid yellow and has a camera hump bigger than my future, so it catches a ot of attention. I hate iphones and samsungs not because they are bad but because they represent the mainstream. I am the man of the niche, so I'll be using the sidestream as much as I can. And the Iphone 3Gs.....Is the Battery even functional at this point? We all know how phone batteries dont last more than five years (I cap it at that).

--Anthony

4. Hook

Hook Phone Killer ;-) Arrrrr...f

I confess to having a hankering for one of those Nokia 3310s (2017). :vbwink:

5. Retrograde

Retrograde Mobile Enthusiast

I agree, however, I think we disagree on device choices! Yes, iPhones do generally represent the mainstream iSheep, but how long ago was it that you saw someone with an iPhone 3GS? The skeuomorphism of iOS 6 appeals to me- however, if you are looking for a Nokia 3310, i'd advise you to get the original- as there is more appeal, for me for a phone from 2000 than 2017! Thanks,
    James.

scjjtt likes this.
  6. EdmundDantes

EdmundDantes Mobile Deity

For old phones, I'd still love to have one of the Porsche Design Blackberrys and one of the Nokia Titanium Siroccos. Old-tech, but cool.

Edit: WM-FX2, I should also mention I still love my WM-GX670. I love the design and like it even more than some of the special anniversary models.

Hook likes this.