Palm Desk Top on W8.1 and W10, have on W7 64 bit and it works

Discussion in 'Palm General' started by Jerry_NJ, Aug 23, 2015.

1. Jerry_NJ

Jerry_NJ Mobile Deity

With the MS offer to update W7 and W8.1 to W10 it appears my ongoing plan to support my Palm Desk Top only on my W7 machine will not survive. Anyone know it Windows 10 supports the 64 bit Palm Desk Top that works on Windows 7, 64 Bit? Would accept a newer application from Palm but believe that is not a possibility.

Before moving to the Smart Phone group, is it likely I can port my Palm Desk Top to my Windows 8.1 Smart Phone? Haven't heard any rumors of MS upgrading W8.1 Smart Phone to W10... but suppose that may happen too.

2. Hook

Hook Cat and Mouse and Linux

I'm still waiting for my Win 10 upgrade and I don't use Palm Desktop, but judging from the folks at Companion Link, in the thread linked, your Win 7 setup should work in Win 10. Operative word here is *should*. ;-)

http://www.dejaoffice.com/forums/showthread.php?3879-Windows-10-killed-Palm-Desktop

I haven't heard anything about upgrading Windows phone to version 10 and probably wouldn't expect that.

Not sure what you mean by "porting Palm Desktop" to your phone. If you mean getting your PIM data from Palm Desktop to your Windows phone, you would need a program on your phone that can sync with Palm Desktop like DejaOffice.

scjjtt likes this.
  3. Jerry_NJ

Jerry_NJ Mobile Deity

Thanks, the link you gave seems to say I can continue to use Palm 6.2. whatever Desk Top on W10, even on W8.1, but that is going away. Strangely, when trying to reply on that link I couldn't log in? Op, now I see, not Brighthand. And I see that's were I need to go to get the Windows Phone application. I haven't yet installed any application, so I'm completely green on that subject. I did buy extra memory so I have room for lots of applications... heck, I haven't even learned the basic extras on the Nokia Phone application.. anything beyond point-and-click is beyond my current understanding.