Palm Contacts On Usb Flash Drive

Discussion in 'General Palm OS' started by pilita, Apr 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cyberdude2

cyberdude2 It's SuperDad!

Yes it will. The beauty of this is that you plug your USB device into any windows machine and log into your mojo account (looks like logging into windows, but with the mojo logo) and you can have everything you normally use on your desktop available. I installed adobe websuite standard on mine, along with office 2007, well you get the idea. Once you log out and disconnect there is no trace on the host windows machine that you have ever been there.:D

2. Hook

Hook Caught Watching Prawn

Very cool. I'm going to take this for a test drive. Reps to you. :newpalm:

I wonder if this could be used as a solution for syncing two PDAs with the same hotsync name?

3. cyberdude2

cyberdude2 It's SuperDad!

Not sure about that. It might be.

4. Hook

Hook Caught Watching Prawn

I'll test it out. If you have a main PDA sync via the normal computer installation and a backup PDA with the same hotsync name sync to a Palm Destop installed on the Mojo stick, it shoud work-- that is, if I interpret what you said correctly, the mojo stick would even have its own conduits (or it wouldn't work on the road).

I'll get back on this.

5. pilita

pilita Mobile Enthusiast

One last question for the "uber" folks at Brighthand.

I just found an unopened Palm M100. As some of you know I am using the Zire 22. If I hotsync this M100 will it copy the contacts presently on my desktop? I don't want to install any other Palm software (my son will kill me) on my laptop. Many thanks..

6. jigwashere

jigwashere Mobile Deity

You need to avoid hotsyncing 2 devices using the same hotsync name -- there will be trouble! If your contacts were in Outlook, you'd be okay, but since they're in Palm Desktop, you won't be able to hotsync to get them onto the M100.

The easiest way to transfer them from your Z22 to the M100 would be to beam them. Do you have your contacts in various categories? If not, then you can simply beam the entire "All" category. If so, then....well, I need to think about it. :)

7. lelisa13p

lelisa13p Your Super Moderator Super Moderator

Not to mention you'll be mixing OS4 (m100) with OS5 (Z22). Beam the contacts. (That's how I got them from my m130 onto my Zire 71 long ago. :) )

8. jim37

jim37 just me, no title

A good FREE solution may be MassTransit. Note the new URL - the one that had been used for years is no longer there.

Primary usage of MassTransit is to adjust categories in mass, but it has quite a few other tricks up its sleeve. It will permit beaming by category, all items, or by selecting/deselecting individual items.

9. jigwashere

jigwashere Mobile Deity

MassTransit sounds promising! :)

10. pilita

pilita Mobile Enthusiast

Thank you..thank you. I will beam some. I knew I would get an answer. By the way, my son was wondering why doesn't Palm sell a portable flash drive with their program. Thanks again.