Pairing Palm T/X with Blackberry

Discussion in 'Blackberry' started by friendlyface, May 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. friendlyface

friendlyface Newbie

I have been using my Blackberry for company use and I have recently purchased a Palm T/X. I want to pair the to units together via Bluetooth.
    Is this possible? Palm Techncal support has not been helpful in the least.
    I am considering returning the Palm T/X because of this one reason. Otherwise the Palm device works well.

2. BAB2000

BAB2000 An "Olde Moderator" #2

The pairing will not occur due to the design of the Blackberry.

They have limited the devices to work, including handsfree gadgets, including some cars with similiar inbuilt function and BT earpieces.

Otherwise you should be able to pair the TX with about any other device for what intended. The balckberry is not BT friendly, by design.

3. friendlyface

friendlyface Newbie

Thanks for your response.

I have an Acura TL and the Blackberry linked easily with it.
    The Blackberry does recognize the the Palm device but the Palm device does not pickup the Blackbery.

Do you still think that the Blackberry is not communicating in the same language?

4. Adama D. Brown

Adama D. Brown Brighthand Reviewer

What are you trying to pair them for? Most Blackberries, as I recall, don't support the Dial-up Networking profile, so you can't use them for internet access.

5. friendlyface

friendlyface Newbie

Adam, With the palm TX you can dial your bluetooth phone from your contacts list when the are paired.

6. Adama D. Brown

Adama D. Brown Brighthand Reviewer

Ah. In that case, your best chance is to initiate the Bluetooth pairing from the TX, then set it up according to one of the Bluetooth phone wizard on the TX. Once you've got them paired, with luck you should be able to have the TX send a number to the Blackberry to dial. Fortunately, this relies on a different profile from Dial-up Networking.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.