out of context quotes

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by RickAgresta, Jun 17, 2008.

1. RickAgresta

RickAgresta Peanut, leader of the Peanutty Forces

You need to retire…or at least take a nap…

2. raspabalsa

raspabalsa Brain stuck BogoMipping

I wonder if retirement takes the fun out of napping. The best things about napping are that the time has to be taken from whatever important thing one is doing, and it never lasts long enough, so every minute napping is a gift. If there's unlimited time to nap, and no schedule constraints, would a nap after retirement still be treasured so?

scjjtt, lelisa13p, Hook and 2 others like this.
  3. jigwashere

jigwashere Life is a circus!

I'm willing to find out.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

scjjtt, lelisa13p, raspabalsa and 2 others like this.
  4. RickAgresta

RickAgresta Peanut, leader of the Peanutty Forces

I have it on good authority that naps are still blessed events, even in retirement :newpalm::vbtongue::thumbsup:

scjjtt, lelisa13p, raspabalsa and 2 others like this.
  5. Hook

Hook Professional Daydreamer

Yup, naps are still golden. :vbwink:

6. raspabalsa

Thank you, guys. I'm happy to hear naps don't lose anything with retirement. I miss my napping couch. It's on a privileged spot where it catches a nice breeze from the balcony, and I just need to adjust the windows shades a bit to block sunlight. It's close to the fridge, so I need just a few steps to get snacks or beverages. I shall see it again within 2 weeks. Oh, I'll see Mrs. R. too :D:D

7. jigwashere

jigwashere Life is a circus!

I fantasize about building a napping pod in the house where I can't be disturbed. It would need to be hidden and soundproof. I only need about 20 minutes to feel refreshed, and while the house might be absolutely silent for hours, I invariably get interrupted by some nonsense within minutes of lying down.

scjjtt, Hook, lelisa13p and 2 others like this.
  8. raspabalsa

One of the -very few- good things about not having my kids live with me is that Mrs. R. and I have our city apartment for ourselves most of the time. Our grandsons visit sometimes on weekends and stay overnight, but there's many days (weeks even) when there's no one there to interrupt us. I furnished one of the bedrooms as a TV room, but the couch there isn't so comfortable as the one in the living room (where I take my naps). Also, the window in the TV room is small, so there's no breeze. There's no TV in the living room. This is by design, since we like our (infrequent) visits to chat with us, instead of just coming to watch TV. All this makes the living room perfect for a nap anytime :newpalm:

scjjtt, jigwashere, Hook and 2 others like this.
  9. EdmundDantes

EdmundDantes Mobile Deity

I've never been a nap kind of guy. Doesn't mean I don't get tired during the day sometimes, but I'm generally a power-sleeper at night. Maybe I'm not in the age-range for naps yet. Churchill swore by a daily nap, so there's something to it.

scjjtt likes this.
  10. EdmundDantes

EdmundDantes Mobile Deity

I'd seen Inside Man before, but rewatched it not that long ago on cable. Good movie, although a bit stretched out.

Rick, in that first set of comics this page:

First one: The sad thing, and I was just having this conversation with someone, is that we seem (in general) to have lost the ability to have a civil discussion about politics while disagreeing. We should be able to do that.

Second comic: That's the premise in a serious film, The Boy in the Striped Pajamas. Critics didn't much like it, but I thought it was thought-provoking.