out of context quotes

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by RickAgresta, Jun 17, 2008.

1. Dngrsone

Dngrsone One Serious Wiku

"I'm only patriotic for the fourth of July"

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

scjjtt and jigwashere like this.
  2. RickAgresta

RickAgresta Peanut, leader of the Peanutty Forces

jigwashere, lelisa13p and Hook like this.
  3. Hook

Hook Phone Killer ;-) Arrrrr...f

In other words, he couldn't afford a beta reader. ;-)

4. RickAgresta

Wait! What?! beta-readers can get paid?!!

Hook, jigwashere and lelisa13p like this.
  5. Mi An

Mi An Nexus Refugee

6. RickAgresta

[​IMG]

scjjtt, jigwashere, Mi An and 2 others like this.
  7. raspabalsa

raspabalsa Brain stuck BogoMipping

À propos of the above, there's two guys talking on the street and the following dialogue ensues:

"You look worried, is something wrong?"
    "I don't know, I've been seeing pink elephants everywhere for some time now."
    "Have you seen a shrink yet?"
    "No, just pink elephants."

Last edited: Oct 10, 2018
  8. raspabalsa

Another reason to love Mrs. R.

Not sure where else to post this, so here it goes:

So yesterday a workmate called me saying he'd found a tarantula, a big one. I hurriedly went to see, and it was HUGE, with a legspan of between 8" and 9" (she wouldn't stay still to let me measure :D). It was very similar to my very first tarantula from years ago, with bright, iridiscent brown/orange streaks on its cephalotorax, so I decided to take it home. The thing is, my wife has a only-one-tarantula-at-home rule, so if I wanted to keep this one I'd have to release the current one (called Torturantula IV). The new one is much larger and more brightly colored, so there was no contest really. My wife came over, examined the new one and said (more or less verbatim): "It's thin. It needs food. You will find some bug for it now, right? (yes, dear) <peering closer at the tarantula in a plastic container> Looks like it's a male, see its stance and how it walks around? Remember males don't get used to a confined space. Are you sure you want to release your female tarantula for this male? (yes, dear) Well, just be sure to clean everything thoroughly and put fresh water before placing it in the vivarium, you know they don't like the feel of another tarantula (yes, dear). Remember to place a cloth on top of the vivarium so she won't get much glare until she gets used to it (yes, dear)"

I didn't know my wife had learned so much about tarantulas. She seldom goes around the vivarium, but she does change the water when I'm traveling, and apparently she's been observing them too. I felt a swell of love and pride as we talked yesterday :newpalm:

I just hope the new tarantula gets used to the vivarium. Usually it takes one to two weeks to know this. If not, I'll have to release it and search for another. I hope it doesn't come to that. I haven't been tarantula-less in years!

Mi An, jigwashere, scjjtt and 4 others like this.
  9. Hook

Hook Phone Killer ;-) Arrrrr...f

Pics? No pics? :vbconfused: We want pics (you can use a spoiler button if you must) :vbrolleyes: :vbgrin:

lelisa13p, Mi An, jigwashere and 4 others like this.
  10. raspabalsa

Didn't want to post a pic so nearly lunchtime, but here it goes!
    20181011_192649.jpg

For scale, the vivarium is 35cm (13.8") wide. I just calculated her legspan from the front to back legs from this picture, and it's 22.8cm (almost 9" !!!). I took this pic last night as I settled her in the vivarium. She's not fully extended, but this is how she stands usually, so that's an acceptable measurement of a live tarantula. This is the largest tarantula I've found so far. See her abdomen? She is somewhat thin, though not dangerously so. A couple of weeks eating grasshoppers and other bugs should improve her condition. Tonight I'll see how it's faring.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2018
    lelisa13p, Mi An, Hook and 2 others like this.