Opinion on Blackberry Bold

Discussion in 'Blackberry' started by Matt J, Jun 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hook

Hook Have keyboard, will travel

I suspect your brother's BB should go back for repairs. I have had no problems at all with my BB's trackball and agree with Ed that I wouldn't mind seeing it on other devices. It is one of the few things I like about my BB. ;) (How's that for a left handed compliment?)

2. r0k

r0k Dazed

Some time back, my trackball got into a "can't go up mode". This required that I pop it out and clean it. Not a big deal, really. It hasn't given me any problem since. So I have had a used BB for about a year when I get my first stuck trackball and the repair is done in under 30 minutes. Not bad at all.

3. Ed Hardy

Ed Hardy TabletPCReview Editor Staff Member

Over time, it's not unusual for trackballs to get a bit of grit in them. This doesn't mean they are broken, just that the detritus needs to be worked through. Based on my experience, this doesn't take long.

I balance this inconvenience against the benefits: Trackballs are so much easier to use than D-pads, and they take up less space in the design.

All things considered, this is an easy trade off.
    -

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  4. Matt J

Matt J Mobile Deity

He just took some mild compressed air to the trackball and it is now working fine. I guess it really isn't a big deal. He is a construction contractor, so he is exposed to more dust than most people. I probably have nothing to worry about as an academic.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015