One (M8)

Discussion in 'HTC' started by questionfear, Mar 30, 2014.

1. questionfear

questionfear Google'd.

I has one in my hot little hands. Any questions? Fire away.

RickAgresta likes this.
  2. EdmundDantes

EdmundDantes Mobile Deity

E v e r y t h i n g!

RickAgresta likes this.
  3. questionfear

questionfear Google'd.

Here's my first impressions from Gear Diary. but in a nutshell:

It is gorgeous. Feels absolutely solid. The screen is fantastic. Everything is quite fast, and the gestures are pretty fun and intuitive. I like Blinkfeed a lot more than I thought I would, and I am actually pretty happy to be back on Android after several years away. The difference in how mature Android has become is pretty amazing.

And the camera doesn't seem that bad to me. It's not perfect, but it's adequate, and if no one ranted about it I doubt the average person would scream in horror at the photos it takes.

The Dot case is a bit of a gimmick, but if you like flap-style cases (I do) it's a fantastic implementation. I have some concerns about long term durability though, just because the hinge is rubbery and i am slightly concerned it might wear out over time. Everyone I show it to thinks it looks really cool and futuristic though.

And yea, it's a tall phone...but it feels smaller than my 928 when you hold it, probably because the sides are sloped nicely on the One. My coworker who referred to the 928 as a "graphing calculator" immediately exclaimed that it was smaller and more manageable than the 928. She thought I was joking when I told her it was actually bigger, so the design does a really nice job of making the size comfortable.

I am still slowly getting the phone set up to my liking (I bought it on Saturday) so I will have more to add as I play with it. I will say that Sense UI is much more subtle and useful than I remember it on Mrs QF's HTC Incredible...I am honestly unsure if some of the features are from HTC or Google, that's how seamlessly the UI blends into the OS, instead of sticking out like a sore thumb.

RickAgresta, Hook, jigwashere and 2 others like this.