Odd news of the day

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by RickAgresta, Oct 10, 2007.

1. jigwashere

jigwashere Mobile Deity

Didn't Streaky own a duck? :vbconfused:

RickAgresta, lelisa13p and Hook like this.
  2. z22 2006 User

z22 2006 User BHOT's Own Fluffy

For those curious, the song being deepfaked here is from a videogame series called Yakzua. While I haven't played the games, from what I gather the song is used is in karaoke scenes.

jigwashere, Hook and RickAgresta like this.
  3. Hook

Hook Caught Watching Prawn

I think that was "Steaky." :vbwink:

jigwashere, RickAgresta and lelisa13p like this.
  4. lelisa13p

lelisa13p Your Super Moderator Super Moderator

Oh. Brother. :vbrolleyes: He's missing a flipper/foot. :vbfrown:

Made me think of soup. :vbtongue:

Hook and jigwashere like this.
  5. raspabalsa

raspabalsa Brain stuck BogoMipping

I thought the same, but it seems the owner covers the duck's feet when walking the streets. If you watch the video you'll see both feet are indeed there and seemingly ok. Seems like a friendly duck :)

6. lelisa13p

lelisa13p Your Super Moderator Super Moderator

I only looked at the photo and saw one bandaged footie. Still, you'd think walking on hot NYC sidewalks would be cruel and unusual punishment for poor duckie flippers, unless wearing boots. :vbfrown:

Hook, scjjtt and jigwashere like this.
  7. EdmundDantes

EdmundDantes Mobile Deity

Hook, I was a big Diana Rigg fan. I saw her in Medea in London (the production that transferred to Broadway, for which she won a Tony). Stunning. Plus, of course, I loved the Avengers and the magnificent Mrs. Peel (and her fantastic Lotus Elan). She really seemed like a fantastic person. I recall reading a story about her years ago. I believe the writer had interviewed her in France somewhere, where she was living at the time, and she mentioned being an avid fan of flyfishing and cars.

scjjtt, RickAgresta and Hook like this.
  8. jigwashere

jigwashere Mobile Deity

Bus passenger uses live snake as a face mask
    By Toyin Owoseje, CNN
    Updated 1:39 PM EDT, Wed September 16, 2020
    [​IMG]

(CNN)Transportation officials in the UK have warned commuters not to use live snakes as face coverings, after a bus passenger was spotted with a large reptile wrapped around his head.

The man raised eyebrows during his bus journey to Manchester, England on Monday when he was seen with the animal draped around his neck and mouth.

A traveler who witnessed the incident told the Manchester Evening News that she initially believed the snake was "a really funky mask" until it started slithering around the handrails.

"It was definitely entertaining," she said.

Wearing a face covering on all public transportation is mandatory in the UK, except for those who are exempt for reasons of age, health, or disability.

Photos of the incident published online show that the unidentified man was not wearing a mask under the large brown serpent.

The snake was also seen slithering on the handrail of the bus.
    The snake was also seen slithering on the handrail of the bus.
    A Transport for Greater Manchester spokesperson told CNN that passengers are expected to follow government guidance on wearing face coverings on public transportation during the coronavirus pandemic, unless they are exempt.

"This needn't be a surgical mask ... passengers can make their own or wear something suitable, such as a scarf or bandana," the representative said in a statement.

"While there is a small degree of interpretation that can be applied to this, we do not believe it extends to the use of snakeskin -- especially when still attached to the snake."

View on CNN

Hook, scjjtt and JRakes like this.
  9. RickAgresta

RickAgresta Peanut, leader of the Peanutty Forces

I suppose in Florida, it'd've been an alligator…:vbrolleyes:

scjjtt, lelisa13p, Hook and 3 others like this.
  10. raspabalsa

raspabalsa Brain stuck BogoMipping

Rick, I read that news this morning... I'd be very nervous if I saw some person with a live snake around their neck get on the bus. I don't like snakes much. Or alligators, for that matter.