Odd news of the day

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by RickAgresta, Oct 10, 2007.

1. headcronie

headcronie Greyscale. Nuff Said. Super Moderator

The irony of this is not lost on me. TechTarget has taken to spam. Most recent Spam email I got on my work email that I never signed up nor used for communication with anything to do with TechTarget - Employees Behaving Badly.

Yes, TechTarget, your employees sure are behaving badly. Lay off most of your staff, and hire spammers. Good golly, you're just on a roll...

upload_2020-8-31_8-10-2.png

2. jigwashere

jigwashere Mobile Deity

3. EdmundDantes

EdmundDantes Mobile Deity

I have to agree with Shatner, and not just because of Star Trek. Navy traditions and such just seem to make sense with space SHIPS. Piping dignitaries on-board. Naval ranks. The 'ready room,' etc. Any fan of O'Brian's Aubrey-Maturin novels would just understand the feel.

scjjtt likes this.
  4. RickAgresta

RickAgresta Peanut, leader of the Peanutty Forces

JRakes, scjjtt and Hook like this.
  5. jigwashere

jigwashere Mobile Deity

You've goat to be kidding: Farm animal eats up police papers
    By

startribune.com
    1 min
    View Original

DOUGLASVILLE, Ga. — A Georgia sheriff's deputy delivering civil papers returned to her patrol vehicle to find an eager — and hungry — new driver.

The Douglas County deputy was serving the documents near Douglasville last week when she heard something in her patrol car and was met by a goat climbing into the open driver's side.

The animal clamored around, munched on some paperwork and knocked over a drink before managing to bump the deputy to the ground.

The sheriff's office explained in a Facebook post on Friday that the deputy often leaves the door open on such calls in case she has to make a quick escape from aggressive dogs — but she never considered having to retreat from an agitated goat.

Officials said the deputy was not physically harmed during the encounter — and she managed to retrieve the soggy paperwork before the animal scampered off.

6. RickAgresta

A French man chased a fly around with an electric swatter and accidentally blew up his own house

• A man in France tried to eliminate an irritating fly and ended up blowing up his house.

• The man, in his 80s, used an electric bug swatter which reacted with a gas leak in his home.

• The explosion left him with minor burns and his home is uninhabitable, according to local reports.

• The fate of the fly is not known.
    https://news.yahoo.com/french-man-chased-fly-around-151608210.html

scjjtt, lelisa13p, Hook and 2 others like this.
  7. EdmundDantes

EdmundDantes Mobile Deity

Jig, I saw that goat story on the news. It really made me laugh, it was just so ridiculous, but true at the same time. It was almost like a cartoon, but I could actually watch the real video.

RickAgresta, scjjtt and lelisa13p like this.
  8. Hook

Hook Caught Watching Prawn

9. RickAgresta

Even without the negative boost from That_Damn_Virus®©, we're losing so many great people lately…*sniffs piteously*

scjjtt, lelisa13p, Hook and 1 other person like this.
  10. RickAgresta

New Yorkers gasp as woman walks streets, rides subway with pet duck

A video of a duck parading around a subway platform on a leash shared by Instagram account @SubwayCreatures had attracted 840,000 views and thousands of awestruck comments as of Friday morning.

https://nypost-com.cdn.ampproject.o...-subway-with-pet-duck-forky/amp/?amp_js_v=0.1

The mysterious web-footed fowl is Forky, The Post can reveal, the new pet of Brooklynite Zaida Pugh.

A 25-year-old actress, Pugh took part in a video shoot organized by a friend last month. For the skit, the friend bought a $65 duck from a New Jersey farm.

After the shoot wrapped, the 5-year-old fowl was about to be released into the wild when Pugh decided to adopt him.

“He was going to be off in the street and I didn’t want him to die,” said the animal lover, a mom of four who admitted it was an “impulsive decision.” Pugh paid the friend back for half his purchase price and named him Forky, after her favorite character from “Toy Story 4.” “At first I was like, ‘Wow, this is going to be a lot of work.’ But I thought he was so beautiful.”

[​IMG]

scjjtt, Hook and jigwashere like this.