Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by RickAgresta, Oct 10, 2007.
Funny. Round, white orb with a face. The name I thought of was Wilson.
Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk
Neighbors who call police on 12-year-old mowing lawn increase his business, customer says
A 12-year-old Ohio boy who operates his own lawn mowing business has gained more customers after one neighbor called the police one him for mowing part of her yard.
Maple Heights resident Lucille Holt had employed 12-year-old Reginald Fields, who owns Mr. Reggie's Lawn Cutting Service, to mow her lawn on Saturday, she told ABC Cleveland affiliate WEWS.
Reginald's cousins often help him work, and one of the neighbors called the police on them after the group of kids accidentally cut part of their grass, Holt said in a Facebook video she posted on Saturday.
"They called the police to tell the police that the kids was cutting their grass," Holt said. "Who does that?"
The patch of grass the neighbors were apparently referring to sits between Holt's home and theirs. There is no fence there to mark where the property begins and ends.
"I guess I have a line there, that’s not part of my yard," Holt said.
The video showed a police car parked across the street from Holt's home and two neighbors sweeping grass debris off their driveway. Holt said that, in the past, neighbors have called the police when her kids were throwing snow balls and another time when her son "was crying 'cause he was getting a whoppin'."
<RA walks out of the thread, shaking his head....>
yeah, but Wilson isn't an anagram of SkyNet <he whispered>
D'oh! < smacks forehead >
Man suspected of killing 21 co-workers through tainted lunches
Read more at: https://inews.co.uk/news/man-suspected-of-killing-21-co-workers-through-tainted-lunches/
A man has been arrested in Germany over fears that he has contaminated 21 colleagues’ lunches.
The 56-year-old metal fittings manufacturer, known as Klaus O, is suspected of peppering poisonous chemicals on his co-worker’s sandwiches since 2000 in Schloß Holte-Stukenbrock, northwest Germany. When Klaus O was spotted adding a mysterious substance to his co-worker’s lunch on the company’s security cameras, his manager, Tilo Blechinger, brushed the incident off as a misguided practical joke. “In the beginning we thought it was a misconceived prank between co-workers, and not a murder attempt,” the manager of ARI Armaturen told the DPA news agency.
‘There were a strikingly high number of heart attacks’ However, when a colleague noticed that a white substance was smeared on his lunch, he notified his managers, who decided to call police. Authorities discovered that the bread was laced toxic lead acetate, a near-tasteless substance that can cause severe organ damage. Police found mercury, lead and cadmium in the man’s home, reported Deutsche Welle. He had worked for the company for 38 years, and was described by his manager as “conspicuously inconspicuous.”
‘We thought it was a misconceived prank, not a murder attempt’
Twenty-one employees have died before retirement since 2000, Deutsche Welle reported. One employee has been in a coma for two years, according to The Times. Police will now re-open these cases to see if the man in question is responsible. “There were a strikingly high number of heart attacks and cancers among the death cases in the company,” police said.
‘Kind of weird that everyone who works here dies’
Members of the public have been left incredulous over the suspected murder attempts. A man’s tweet went viral after he was left aghast that no-one had linked the incidents together.
“Ummmm 21 since the year 2000? Nobody was like, “Kind of weird everyone who works here dies,” tweeted Dan Moran. Attacking a person through the use of poisons and chemicals is named bio crime. A spokeswoman for the Poison Information Center at the University of Bonn told Bild it was a “very unusual case,” and that lead poisoning is difficult to detect due to symptoms that might be caused by other conditions, reported Fox News.
POLICE fear a serial killer may have been responsible for the grisly poisoning deaths of up to 21 of his colleagues over an 18-year period.
The news comes as German police arrested a 56-year-old man after he was caught on CCTV footage sprinkling a suspicious substance on to a colleague’s lunch, The Mirror reports.
So far, the police force have not released the suspect’s name, or those of his alleged victims.
But what we do know is that the arrest took place in the town of Schloss Holte-Stukenbrock in northwest Germany, and according to media company Deutsche Welle, the suspect worked at metal fittings manufacturer ARI Armaturen for 38 years.
The arrest was made after the latest potential victim alerted authorities and bosses after he noticed something odd in his lunch.
Video footage was then examined, and it revealed the 56-year-old man spreading a powder-like substance on to his colleague’s food.
“In the beginning we thought it was a misconceived prank between co-workers, and not a murder attempt,” Deutsche Welle reported ARI Armaturen manager Tilo Blechinger as saying.
According to Mr Blechinger, the suspect had always been “conspicuously inconspicuous”.
Tests were then conducted on the contaminated lunch, which found it contained a strong poison, lead acetate, which is nearly tasteless but can cause extreme organ damage if ingested.
The alleged murderer’s flat was then searched by police officers, who found an assortment of poisons and toxic chemicals, according to The Mirror.
Among the chemicals found in the man’s home were mercury, lead, and cadmium.
Police then looked into records to discover that 21 people who worked at the same company as the man had all died of heart attacks or cancer just before they were due to retire.
The earliest case dated back to the year 2000, meaning the man may have been slowly targeting his co-workers for 18 years.
Toxicology experts said heavy metal poisoning could cause all the illnesses that had caused the workers’ deaths.
According to Deutsche Welle, two other workers at the same company are in a coma while a third man is on dialysis.
The man has so far refused to discuss the serious allegations against him, so a possible motive is not yet known.
But a 15-member homicide squad has been formed to investigate the deaths and interview relatives of the victims.
Ugh. The epitome of a toxic work environment.
Mysterious Poop is Falling From the Sky in Canada
by Alyssa Cerchiai, thepointsguy.com
Imagine sitting on your deck at home, riding in your car with the sunroof down or prepping for a barbecue when, all of a sudden, poop comes raining down from the sky. Apparently, this has not been as uncommon as you’d expect in Canada. All of these scenarios have occurred – in fact, 18 cases have occurred in Canada since May – and people want answers.
The substance has been described differently depending on the case, some described it as dark – almost black, others said it was more blue-ish brown. Some said it was cold, some said it smelled chlorinated. Nonetheless, all knew it as feces — and all of the cases seem utterly unenjoyable.
The drops have caused quite a bit of damage. In one scenario, a shower of poo led to vomiting and a case of double-conjunctivitis (pink eye in both eyes). Leah McNaney, whose car was damaged by falling poop at her place of work – a senior home – reported that “two of the girls I work with, whose cars were also covered in this brown stuff, tried to wash it off and their paint chipped.”
One theory is that the substance came from frozen aircraft lavatory sewage that melted upon the plane’s descent. The chemical deodorizer used in aircraft septic tanks would cause the waste to be dyed blue. Rob Young, earth and environmental sciences professor for UBC Okanagan (and subscriber to that theory), called it a “poopsicle.”
Some who experienced it firsthand agree. Susan Allan, who was caught in one of the messes, recounted seeing a plane overhead during the incident. She called it “sky poop.”
But, Transport Canada, the government body that oversees the nation’s aviation, is adamant that although leaks in aircraft sewage tanks are possible, these events are not cases of what they call “blue ice.” Here’s what they told Black Press:
“Each air operator is responsible for ensuring that their aircraft operate safely and in compliance with the Canadian Aviation Regulations. Section 602.23, “Dropping of Objects,” states “No person shall create a hazard to persons or property on the surface by dropping an object from an aircraft in flight.” Any operator found to be in contravention of the Canadian Aviation Regulations will be subject to enforcement action under Transport Canada’s mandate.
Frozen lavatory waste is referred to as “blue ice.” Aircraft that have washroom facilities onboard are equipped with an enclosed sewage holding tank that is designed to be emptied at special facilities at airports. It is possible that a valve malfunctions and allows some leakage of the tank’s content. If this happens, the liquid seeping from valves freezes and adheres to the outside of the aircraft when the aircraft is flying at high altitudes. As the aircraft starts its decent and the atmosphere gets warmer, the ice will start to melt and pieces will detach themselves from the aircraft. These pieces of ice will either melt or remain in their solid state before hitting the ground.”
So for now it seems the only thing that can be confirmed is that if you’re traveling in Canada, you might want to pack an umbrella for the…ahem…crappy weather forecast.
Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk
Separate names with a comma.