Odd news of the day

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by RickAgresta, Oct 10, 2007.

1. lelisa13p

lelisa13p Your Super Moderator Super Moderator

And the list of Darwin Award nominees keeps growing... :vbrolleyes:

2. raspabalsa

raspabalsa Brain stuck BogoMipping

She certainly aspired for a nomination, but probably panicked when she could't respire and was saved before she could expire. As it transpires, the award's rule of excluding the living conspired against her, even if she was fully inspired to try.

3. jigwashere

jigwashere Life is a circus!

You would think that at some point she would perspire, making it easier to slide out.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Last edited: Jun 14, 2018 at 1:22 PM
  4. RickAgresta

RickAgresta Peanut, leader of the Peanutty Forces

Georgia woman killed rabid bobcat with bare hands
    46 year old lives northeast of Atlanta

DeDe Phillips' first thought when a bobcat attacked in her driveway in Georgia was "I wasn't dying today," she says.

As the large feline clawed her, the adrenaline kicked in and she decided to strangle it, she says.

Phillips, 46, told CNN affiliate WGCL that the animal attacked on June 7 at her home in Hart County -- about 110 miles northeast of Atlanta.

She had just put a "Women Who Behave Rarely Make History" sticker on the back of her new truck, she says. When she returned outside to take a picture, she encountered the animal.

"As soon as it took the first step, I was in trouble and I knew it," Phillips told the affiliate. Knowing that her 5-year old granddaughter was sleeping inside the home, she took action after the bobcat jumped on her, she says.

"I grabbed it by the shoulders and pushed it back away from me ... and I took it down," she says.

During the struggle, Phillips says, she got her hands around the animal's neck and strangled it to death.

Phillips told the Athens Banner-Herald newspaper that she did not scream for help until she thought the animal was dead. "I was scared ... that my granddaughter would come out and I didn't want that to happen," she says.

Link:
    https://amp.clickondetroit.com/news/national/georgia-woman-killed-rabid-bobcat-with-bare-hands

5. lelisa13p

lelisa13p Your Super Moderator Super Moderator

Boy, howdy. :vbeek:

I'm familiar with the area where this occurred. Lake Hartwell straddles the GA - SC state line. Some of the area is pretty remote, with wooded mountains and some farms. Other parts are populated these days by quietly-moneyed folks who live on the beautiful lake.

RickAgresta, jigwashere and Hook like this.