Odd news of the day

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by RickAgresta, Oct 10, 2007.

1. lelisa13p

lelisa13p Your Super Moderator Super Moderator

Or to threaten them if they won't stop laughing at your name? :rolleyes:

2. JRakes

JRakes NOT your Average Joe

I figure he was having a little smoke-n-toke when he came up with that name... :rolleyes:

3. RickAgresta

RickAgresta General Peanut, leader of the Peanutty Forces

Oops! Passengers erroneously told plane was about to crash

It was about 3 a.m. on a British Airways transcontinental flight when passengers heard an announcement that the plane was about to crash into the sea, The Telegraph reports.

But the automated message was a mistake, as crew members quickly reassured passengers.

"It was about 3 a.m. An alarm sounded and we were told we were about to land in the sea. I thought we were going to die," one passenger onboard told The Telegraph. “My wife was crying and passengers were screaming. Then they played an announcement telling us to just ignore the warnings."

The Friday night incident occurred as Flight 206 was over the Atlantic Ocean enroute from Miami to London's Heathrow Airport.

A British Airways spokesperson told the newspaper: "The cabin crew canceled the announcement immediately and sought to reassure customers that the flight was operating normally. We apologize to customers for causing them undue concern."

In August 2010, passengers on another British Airways flight from London's Heathrow Airport to Hong Kong also were mistakenly warned they were about to crash. The error was blamed on a crew member who hit an incorrect button.

Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2015
  4. RickAgresta

Dentist admits to using paper clips in root canals

A former dentist in Massachusetts has pleaded guilty to Medicaid fraud for using paper clips instead of stainless steel posts in root canals.

Michael Clair is scheduled to be sentenced next Monday after pleading guilty last week in New Bedford Superior Court to a variety of charges, including defrauding Medicaid of $130,000 assault and battery, illegally prescribing prescription drugs and witness intimidation.

Prosecutors say the 53-year-old Clair was suspended by Medicaid in 2002, but continued to file claims from August 2003 to June 2005 by using the names of other dentists in his Fall River practice.

Authorities say instead of stainless steel posts for root canals, he used sections of paper clips — which can cause pain and even infection — in an effort to save money.

5. RickAgresta

ok, not exactly news, but this *is* OT......

6. JRakes

Maybe that's what Lauren needs to get her router back on track... ;) :rolleyes: :D

7. lelisa13p

*snort!* :D

That's tomorrow's task. :newpalm:

8. JRakes

Apologies, Lauren - I couldn't resist that when I read it right after seeing your router thread! Warped mind and all that... :D

9. lelisa13p

No apology necessary. :) I have had nothing but trouble from that blasted router since the firmware upgrade. Without doing anything further to the Security settings yet, the signal keeps dropping all of my devices, something that has never happened since I set the network up in 2005. :( :mad: :(

10. JRakes

Sorry to hear it, Dear... Here's wishing you the best of luck getting it all sorted out soon! :newpalm: