Now that the iGo / Thinkoutside Stowaway keyboards have been discontinued for a year, what bluetooth keyboards do you use???

Discussion in 'General Windows Phone (Plus Windows Mobile, Pocket' started by whuzizname, Dec 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. whuzizname

whuzizname Mobile Enthusiast

Now that the iGo / Thinkoutside Stowaway keyboards have been discontinued for a year, what bluetooth keyboards do you use???

I recently tried the original Freedom keyboard from freedominput.com and it was horrible! (I didn't try the Freedom 2).

Besides finding any remaining orphaned Stowaways on Ebay, what do you recommend, especially those with driver support for WM6?
  2. Antoine Wright

Antoine Wright Neighborhood Mobilist Super Moderator

The Palm Universal Bluetooth Wireless keyboard is essentially your next best option. If you want to really get fancy with it, the Frogpad is another one.
  3. whuzizname

Thank you for the reply. The Frogpad is frightening -- I'm looking for a qwerty keyboard, and the $150 is way too rich for me.

Regarding the Palm Universal Bluetooth Wireless, could you please provide a link? All I found was this, and it is infrared, not bluetooth.

http://store.palm.com/product/index...7&cp=3325124&parentPage=family&catsId=3325124

Thanks again.
  4. Antoine Wright

Antoine Wright Neighborhood Mobilist Super Moderator

5. whuzizname

Thank you again.

Judging by the photos, I'm 99% certain that this hardware is also known as the "Freedom Universal 2" keyboard, seen here:

http://www.freedominput.com/site/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=116&Itemid=112

As mentioned in my original post, the earlier version Freedom keyboard is a horrible design and barely useable because the keys are too small and unresponsive. The "Freedom Universal 2" version looks a like it has a little bigger keys.

I read through all of the Amazon info, including the user reviews, and there was no mention of applicability with WinMo -- just Palm devices. Do you have any information on that?

Thanks again.