Nova Launcher 7 has been completely rewritten — here's what's new

Discussion in 'Headline News' started by jigwashere, Jan 5, 2021.

1. jigwashere

jigwashere Mobile Deity

Mi An, Hook, scjjtt and 2 others like this.
  2. jigwashere

jigwashere Mobile Deity

I'm looking forward to hearing about the changes and how everyone here likes them. I'm not using Nova Launcher on my Moto G Stylus so I can take advantage of gesture navigation. I don't miss Nova Launcher as much as I thought I would.

Hook and scjjtt like this.
  3. headcronie

headcronie Greyscale. Nuff Said. Super Moderator

I'm not into gestures, especially with trying to assist Mrs. HC in all things Android. She's on stock Samsung One UI, with the actions bar visible. I'm on Nova with similar setup. So long as it works, I'm happy. I've got my phone running how I like it, so... Not sure how any of these may impact me, as I'm not likely to change much. I'm a stick in the mud. :p

scjjtt, Hook and jigwashere like this.
  4. headcronie

headcronie Greyscale. Nuff Said. Super Moderator

Well... this directly impacts me. I utilize the horizontally scrolling app drawer. *sigh*

5. Hook

Hook Caught Watching Prawn

I'll give it a try when it is out of beta and in the Play store, but I'm always wary about big changes. Lol. There's always Launch Time, which is my other favorite Launcher-- not great with widgets, which I don't really use, but very much like Palm Launcher. It creates category tabs.

Still, sometimes I like change, so we will see when it is officially released.

scjjtt, jigwashere and headcronie like this.
  6. raspabalsa

raspabalsa Brain stuck BogoMipping

I almost never use the App Drawer. Instead, my most used apps and games are organized in folderson Nova Laucher's home screen. For me, the big changes may actually be welcome, since I've been feeling bored with NL for quite some time. I've been thinking about using Samsung's Home screen, except that my favorite iconset is not available for Samsung's launcher. If NL's update proves to be a lemon, then I may try again with Samsung's Home.