Noteson LD to MS OneNote or Journal?

Discussion in 'Palm' started by lark, Oct 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lark

lark Mobile Consultant

I have searched and can not find an answer to the following:

Is there a program that allows for note taking on the LD (handwriting) and then will either sync with either Windows Journal or OneNote? A direct synch would be preferable, but even an export feature would work.

DayNotez does not do this, although I thought it would.

2. SGosnell

SGosnell (retired) Palm Pilot

You can export from the DayNotez desktop to text, html, .csv, and Word. Can the other programs not import any of these?

3. lark

lark Mobile Consultant

Stan,

Thanks for the response.

I was intending to use hand written notes, as I do on my tablet PC. Then import those handwritten notes into either Journal or OneNote. DayNotez does not support hand written notes on the Palm. It would work with either Graffiti or keyboard input, but I was hoping to be able to import actual hand written notes.

I am trying to see if I am able to use the LD as a sort of UMPC for those times I d/n want to lug my tablet PC. One of, actually the primary benefit of my tablet is the ability to take notes in meetings in my handwriting, assign it to the client, and have it available on the PC.

I know a pad of paper and scanner could accomplish the same thing, which I have already tried. It is that second step of scanning where I find myself falling behind.

I am not sure my LD as UMPC will be possible.

4. SGosnell

There are a couple of Palm apps for handwritten notes. Diddlebug is the best-known, and will let you save your notes as a .bmp file if you want, or some other choices.

5. luigi

luigi Palm aficionado

If I well understood, lark is looking for somehing different: some software that allows him to scribble onto palm, such as in Memopad, or DiddleBug. and then have those handwritten notes converted to text on his PC...
    Am I right?

My answer is...not sure of that. Could not find anything either. Evenutally, you could use a vectorial software, as Leonardo, although in that case you would have a dxf of your note, and not a text file.
    I wonder if the DEsktop converter of DayNotez would do the trick...it can export to .csv and you notes be opened by Excel.

Luigi

6. lark

lark Mobile Consultant

Thank you the response. I am actually looking for handwriting software that will bring the actual unconverted handwritten notes, to my tablet PC. That would be step 1.

Step 2 is that I want the handwritten notes to sync with either Windows Journal or OneNote. In those programs they can be sorted and filed according to client.

I have used a tablet PC for almost 5 years now and have most (not all) of client meeting notes on the tablet. I have found the ability to take handwritten notes during a meeting to be a big benefit.

First, the clients are used to people taking notes on a pad, so they are not intimidated - unlike using a keyboard. When I used a laptop, people would stop talking when I started to type.

Second, I can rest the tablet on my lap, and people c/n read what I am writing. I can actually make notes reflecting my impressions as well as detailing the conversation.

Third, it is quiet.

Fourth, I can maintain eye contact while writing, something I c/n do when typing.

Even though the screen is small on the LD, I was hoping that in a pinch, I could replicate the useability of my tablet. I have been looking at UMPCs and wanted to see if the LD could function in the same way. The UMPC I was contemplating was the OQO, which also has a small screen. So, I thought the LD may give me a good idea of what the inking experience would be like.

I have not yet downloaded Doodlebug, but may give it a try. I have also not found anything that will allow me to get my handwritten notes not just on my PC, but into my existing note taking programs.

I do know that OneNote Mobile comes installed on some windows phones, but I like the simplicity of my LD.

7. luigi

luigi Palm aficionado

I've not a clue, provided that I've never used a Tablet PC, and neither Windows One Note. I did take note with LD, though. I have both used MemoPad, and Artelope to take notes, which are syncronized to my PC as bmp. I don't know which format you need to import them in Win One note.

Luigi

8. SGosnell

9. lark

lark Mobile Consultant

So I found out when I did a search for Doodlebug:D

10. cliff04

cliff04 Mobile Consultant

" Thank you the response. I am actually looking for handwriting software that will bring the actual unconverted handwritten notes, to my tablet PC. That would be step 1. "

------------------

I am not sure if this would prove helpful, but, I just got a new Bluetooth dongle (Kensington) and have been experimenting with it. When I "SEND" a Notepad note to the desktop, it is saved on the desktop as a .png picture file. I now have a handwritten note on the desktop which could potentially be imported into some other program. You should be able to 'check' any number of note files and "Send" them all at one time, as I don't think you can sync this procedure.

Could this possibly help?

cn

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.