Not valid PDF file

Discussion in 'Sync (Mac and Linux/Palm OS)' started by Wayne Siegel, Sep 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wayne Siegel

Wayne Siegel Mobile Evangelist

Hi:

I have a Palm LifeDrive and sync it with a Mac with 10.3.9. I have used Docs to Go 8.003 and have recently been unable to open PDF files with the message "This does not appear to be a valid pdf file>" I have tried Palm PDF with opens the file but then I get stuck on the first page and have to reset the LifeDrive to get out of it. I have been able to open them in the past. I have updated Adobe Reader recently and wonder whether my Docs to Go has to be updated. However, even older documents I have trouble with that were created before the update. Documents that I made from a scanner, for instance that I open and save in Adobe used to work well but now they don't.

I'm happy to upgrade but I am not sure if that would work.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Wayne

2. Hook

Hook Professional Daydreamer

I don't think it has anything to do with Adobe reader, since that doesn't create files. If it is happening with more than one or two files, it also suggests it's not corrupted pdf files. I assume they open ok on your Mac? Is Palm pdf also having troubles with all these files or just the one?

The only thing an upgrade might do is I think DTG 9 (and, I would expect 10) handles pdfs a little more efficiently, but I don't think that's your problem.

What sizes are these files and how much internal memory (not HD) do you have on the Lifedrive?

Have you installed anything around the time this started happening?

3. Wayne Siegel

Wayne Siegel Mobile Evangelist

Thanks for the response. I have 12.5 MB free on the main memory. I have no trouble opening the documents on the mac. I sync with an eMac with 10.3.9, and more recently have created or downloaded my documents on my MacBook with the Intel processor and 10.4.9. I will move documents to myeMac through an external Hard Drive. I don't think that would change things as I haven't been able to open the documents that are older either.

I haven't synced with my MacBook because I am nervous about syncing to a new computer and screwing things up more.

I think I reinstalled ePocrates and Zagat to GO around the same time.

Wayne Siegel

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.