Not receiving voice mail or text messages until 4-5 days later

Discussion in 'AT&T Tilt' started by TILTALATOR, Dec 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TILTALATOR

TILTALATOR Newbie

I have been having this problem off and on since August. I am not receiving my voice mail or text message notifications, nor the actual messages until 4-5 days later. They seem to be banking up somewhere and then I get all of them at once, many days after the fact. I have had the phone replaced and the SIM replaced. I still have the problem. Some days, I do not have a problem at all. It is sporatic. The problem seemed to start once I started tethering my computer off of it. Any advice?
  2. palmgeek5394

palmgeek5394 Nokia N800 + HTC Wizard

It sounds like AT&T's (I'm assuming you are on AT&T) towers are bugging out. Sometimes I get the same text exactly four times, each around fifteen seconds after the last; it's almost always four. As far as the tech could figure out, it was their towers. Your problem could also be a tower bugging out.
  3. TILTALATOR

TILTALATOR Newbie

Yeah, I am on AT&T. My roommate's tilt doesn't have a problem (AT&T also). So, I do not think it is the towers. However, today I tried switching in and out of airplane mode throughout the day and for some reason, that seems to help.