Nokia Camera, Selfie

Discussion in 'Nokia' started by Jerry_NJ, Aug 30, 2015.

1. Jerry_NJ

Jerry_NJ Mobile Deity

Thanks, yes I have Windows 8.1. How do I find "post 26" that you mention, is it in this thread?

I did a Function Win and tried again to connect. The Nokia reported the keyboard was already "paired" and when I clicked on the listing the phone worked for a couple seconds then indicated "connected" then the connection was dropped no more than 10 seconds later. I third a few times.

I can test to see how the connection works with my Fire, but my recollection is the connection to a paired device is automatically connected if it is "on" no need to force the keyboard into a "discovery" state. Not sure how one gets out of the discovery state - I think the keyboard is not operational when in the discovery state, i.e., the LED is blinking.

I'll do more searches on the web, seems a string along the lines "connecting keyboard to Nokia 8.1 phone" I can add Anker too, but will keep the search broad initially.

2. Jerry_NJ

Jerry_NJ Mobile Deity

Ops, need to check to see if I have 8.1 update 2, wonder if that is a "free" update or a pay for upgrade.

3. RickAgresta

RickAgresta Peanut, leader of the Peanutty Forces

Nokia Camera, Selfie

using a pc, and Firefox browser, I see the post number in the upper right corner of a post. on a phone, I'd have to put the phone in landscape, to see it in my browser. hth, Rick

jigwashere likes this.
  4. Jerry_NJ

Jerry_NJ Mobile Deity

Thanks Rick, wow, that's embarrassing, you are referring a great detailed answer I already received... the fist time I brought up Bluetooth keyboard. At that time I brushed of the Windows 8.1 Update 2, as an "of course" that stuff comes down automatically. But I admit I can not find any reference to Update 2 or any issue number/ID that would confirm I have it. I requested an update from MS and got an "you are up to date" message. Still, no luck with the keyboard. I'll give it some more trials tomorrow, too late for an old guy like me to be working on tonight.

EDIT: Looking more at the great No. 26, I see a link to Anker, yes I was there before coming back here and got the same "ERROR 404" i.e., got nothing from Anker, wonder if they are still in business. or maybe the Keyboard business any longer.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2016
  5. RickAgresta

jigwashere likes this.
  6. Jerry_NJ

Jerry_NJ Mobile Deity

Thanks again, for some reason (don't go there) I just floundered around on that web site until you sent me to the "spot" on my question. Once there I found the manual and have downloaded. I also don't see any reference to Issue 2 for W8/8.1, in fact the keyboard is compatible with a range of older windows phones, as I read it. Again my current problem is not paring. that has been accomplished but I can not establish a lasting (more than a few seconds) connection. I'll chat with some friends when I see them this afternoon.

RickAgresta likes this.
  7. questionfear

questionfear Google'd.

Jerry, assuming your username indicates you are, in fact, in NJ, are you anywhere near Bridgewater Mall? The Microsoft Store there is excellent, they are extraordinarily nice and helpful, so it might be worth dropping in just to see if they can do a quick troubleshoot for you.

I've never bought from them, but they are so, so, so nice about the fact that my toddler thinks it's the greatest store ever that I always like to throw business their way. They are very good about demoing stuff for him, they're super nice and helpful when we've had questions, and they always look so lonely compared to the apple store!

And I swear I didn't steer my toddler to the Microsoft Store. He was drawn there all on his own by the bright colors, and in his mind it's like some sort of amazing playground, because there's tons of computers and he gets to touch them!

8. Jerry_NJ

Jerry_NJ Mobile Deity

Thanks, I'm not near Bridgwater, about 25 miles, but I have an activity in Bridgewater a couple times a month. I could make an early arrival at Bridgewater and spend the time in the Mall. I haven't been in the any Mall in years (suppose that's the behavior that is killing Malls) but recall a main building with inside walkways.. typical I guess. Can you tell me the floor and general NSEW location. South/West 2nd floor is the kind of granularity I am asking.

I can look at the web to see if it gives the physical location. My Nokia Lumia is AT&T connected, I use just the GoPhone (Prepay) and don't have a big need to connect the keyboard, just figured "why not". There is an AT&T store about 5 miles from me, they transferred my old size SIM card information onto the Lumia smaller physical size SIM. They should know too, and if it is a malfunction of the Lumia they may be a better place to diagnose that. Suppose they could do something as simple as pair my keyboard with the demo Lumia, if they have anything as old as the 635, purchased about 10 months ago.

RickAgresta likes this.
  9. questionfear

questionfear Google'd.

It's on the second floor-I think if you park near Cheesecake Factory that's the closest entrance.

I could be wrong on that though-I usually go in through Macy's because we mostly use the mall as a place for my son to run around when the weathers bad. He likes escalators. :)

lelisa13p and jigwashere like this.
  10. RickAgresta

…there's always racks of clothing to hide under, too, as I recall (not me, my kids)

lelisa13p, scjjtt and jigwashere like this.