Nokia Camera, Selfie

Discussion in 'Nokia' started by Jerry_NJ, Aug 30, 2015.

1. Hook

Hook Phone Killer ;-) Arrrrr...f

My guess would be that, having a Windows phone, you may either have inadvertently given permission for photos to be backed up to OneDrive, or you may not have opted out of it if it was default on the phone. I have a few photos on Google Drive that got there the same way. Do you use hotmail/msn/outlook .com email? If so, that login is your login to OneDrive.

I don't know windows phones, so I don't where in settings you would look to stop this. Maybe this will tell you where to look.

http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/h...save-the-photos-and-videos-i-take-to-onedrive

I don't back up photos to OneDrive, but I use it to have documents available to me on any device or computer. I could use DropBox just as easily, but OneDrive is convenient since I use MS Office extensively.

RickAgresta likes this.
  2. jigwashere

jigwashere Life is a circus!

I have OneDrive installed on my Android smartphone. It automatically backs up my photos, which is controlled in settings.

scjjtt and RickAgresta like this.
  3. Jerry_NJ

Jerry_NJ Mobile Deity

Pairing with keyboard via Bluetooth
    I purchased a Anker Model A7726 and following the instructions (putting keyboard in pairing mode) it paired with my Fire quickly.

I can not get it to pair with my Nokia. I note the Fire is Android and the Nokia is Windows. There was nothing in the instructions about operating systems, i.e., did nothing in that regard on the Fire and it paired. Noting the key board I see Function Keys for Android, IOS, and Win, so after putting the keyboard in pairing mode I did a Function Win, still the Nokia could not pair.

I haven't done a web search on the problem subject Pairing X with Y... maybe that's what I should do, but stop by here first to say:

Merry Christmas

Mi An, RickAgresta and Hook like this.
  4. Hook

Hook Phone Killer ;-) Arrrrr...f

I'm not sure but it may help to "unpair" the keyboard from the Fire first, particularly if the Fire is still in proximity. The trouble is the keyboard doesn't always go into discovery mode and may think it is still paired to the other device. Sometimes turning the keyboard on and off will trigger discovery mode, but not always. Some keyboards have a button that if pressed will get it searching for a connection, but even that may just look for the old connection if it isn't unpaired before hand. There are now some more pricey BT keyboards that include a device switching control which, I assume, keeps track of the separate pairings.

Merry Christmas to you as well, Jerry! :newpalm:

5. Mi An

Mi An Nexus Refugee

You can also toggle the fire's bluetooth off if that's the issue and leave everything paired.

Merry Christmas :hi:

RickAgresta, jigwashere and Hook like this.
  6. jigwashere

jigwashere Life is a circus!

You shouldn't need to unpair the keyboard from the other device. Your keyboard supports at least 3 (if not more) devices, and being paired with another device shouldn't cause any interference.

You need to make sure you have Windows 8.1 Update 2. If you haven't updated your phone, it might not work.

http://www.windowscentral.com/heres-how-use-bluetooth-keyboard-windows-phone-81-update-2

Here are instructions specific for your Anker keyboard:

Q7. How should I pair the keyboard with my device?
    1. Turn the power switch to the ON position to turn on the keyboard.
    2. Press FN+Z to enter pairing mode. The indicator will turn on for 2 seconds and start to flash.
    3. Activate your device's Bluetooth function and search for the keyboard. On your device, click the keyboard name "Anker A7726" to connect. Follow the on-screen instructions.
    4. Once they are successfully paired, the Bluetooth indicator will turn off.
    - See more at: http://www.anker.com/product/A7726121#ptop

Hook, Mi An and RickAgresta like this.
  7. Jerry_NJ

Jerry_NJ Mobile Deity

Now Bluetooth.

I purchased an Anker low cost Bluetooth keyboard mainly for my Fire Tablet. Took reading brief keyboard instruction to get the keyboard (Anker) into the "find me" mode. That done the Fire spotted and identified the keyboard and gave me a security cord to qualify the keyboard. That typed in the Fire quickly Paired and Connected. Seems to be good forever, have shut down and reused several times. This to give you an idea of where I am on the "learning curve".
    So, now my Nokia, almost but "no banana" After the Nokia found the keyboard and gave me a code I was able to get the keyboard "paired" but not connected. When I tried to manually connect the "paired" keyboard did not connect, Fire reported "can not connect".

Looking for help, did a search on connecting Bluetooth keyboard, even the Anker and didn't find anything I was missing. As you may know the Nokia is Windows 8. maybe 8.1, don't remember. The Fire is a version of Android. That may be the problem, thinking as I type the keyboard has three Function Keys identified for OS: one is Mac another Android and a third Win. Suppose I need to shift to Win, will try next time I get my keyboard and phone close together and I have a minute. Welcome comments/help.

8. RickAgresta

RickAgresta Peanut, leader of the Peanutty Forces

Jerry, per post 26, if you have Win 8 on the phone, it won't work; that post says you need at least Win8.1, update 2. Happy New Year!

jigwashere likes this.
  9. Jerry_NJ

Jerry_NJ Mobile Deity

Thanks, good to learn it not just stupid me : )

I did a Noki update and got I am "up-to-date", but no indication of what version I have, but thinking it is 8.1, it came that way. Is there a way to verify, and given I have 8.1 any other possible solutions?

10. RickAgresta

RickAgresta Peanut, leader of the Peanutty Forces

I don't have WindowsPhone, but in Android, I can go to Settings, and scroll down to see 'About Phone' -- some of the info there includes the SW version.

jigwashere likes this.