NOKIA ASHA 305 shuts off one second after logo

Discussion in 'Android OS' started by Guido Chiesa, Jan 9, 2021.

1. Guido Chiesa

Guido Chiesa Newbie

Hello everybody.
    I have this Nokia and I can turn it on but one second after the Nokia logo it turns off by itself.
    The battery is new
    What could be the cause?
    A little help if you do not mind
    Thanks a lot and best regards

2. RickAgresta

RickAgresta Peanut, leader of the Peanutty Forces

Welcome to Brighthand Guido Chisea!

According to the internet, the phone was introduced in 2012 -- have you done any kind of search to see if others have reported this? Also, is this something that just began to happen?

I don't know the exact procedure to access the recovery screen (Android terminology -- it allows the user to perform a number of actions, aimed at making software corrections, such as clearing cache, or performing a factory reset, or perform updates).

More background info would be helpful, particularly about the OS (version), if the phone is rooted, has any new software recently been installed before this began happening, and have you just acquired the 305?

Post back please ;-)

Be well, stay safe (damn virus!)

Last edited: Jan 9, 2021
    Hook likes this.
  3. Guido Chiesa

Guido Chiesa Newbie

Thank you.
    The phone is used and I recently bought it defective because I wanted to try and repair it. The seller said the phone only had a loop on-off and I repaired that but now I have this new problem.
    I cannot do a hard reset because pressing volume+ and power does not give me anything, so I cannot even tell you what the supposed OS is. I did do some research but I got only feedback about phones that get stuck on the logo screen, which is not my case.
    Any little help is welcome

scjjtt likes this.
  4. Hook

Hook Caught Watching Prawn

Also, you mentioned the battery was new. I assume, therefore, that it is a replacement. Who did the replacement. Are you sure the connections were properly made?

scjjtt and RickAgresta like this.
  5. Guido Chiesa

Guido Chiesa Newbie

It is a plug n play battery, so to speak

scjjtt likes this.