No input area after hot sync Palm TX

Discussion in 'Sync (Windows/Palm OS)' started by NCBrewer, Jun 12, 2012.

1. NCBrewer

NCBrewer Newbie

I installed a couple of applications using the palm desktop install tool. After doing the hot sync the Palm TX lost the bottom part of the screen where the graffiti input area is. It is totally blank. I did a hard reset and tried to do a "desktop over-writes" for the memos, datebook and contacts. I also deleted what I think are the offending apps from the Backup directory in the palm directory on the PC but everytime I sync I lose any ability to input. Any help???? Am I the last one on Earth using the Palm TX?

Please help !!!!!

2. raspabalsa

raspabalsa Brain stuck BogoMipping

This is a well-known problem. Some programs include two files that are meant for the Tungsten T3 but must not be installed on other devices such as the TX. The files are "StatusBarLib" and "AppSlipRotate". You need a file manager such as Filez to locate these files in your TX's main memory, delete them, then soft reset the device. The DIA will return then.

Since you restored from the PC, be sure to delete the same 2 files from the hotsync folder, else they'll be pushed again into the TX with every hotsync.

Sent from my Galaxy Player 5 using Tapatalk 2