nix TX hiss: French software patch

Discussion in 'Palm' started by Mi An, Jan 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mi An

Mi An Hyperfocal

From 1src and totololo

Look here

[​IMG]

Then click on
    Or just click here

I haven't installed it yet, so see the 1src thread for experiences.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  2. Ohappydaye

Ohappydaye Wonder Palmstress

I was reading about this over on 1src earlier today but I was waiting until someone I "knew" tried it and reported back. Do you plan on installing it soon...or are you waiting for a brave BH soul, too? :D

3. minimalposter

minimalposter some call me ... mp

I had much of the same thought process as OHD. I know a few on 1src reported a reset loop. I really don't hear the hiss as much and if it is not broken .....

<mp sits back to see how the others do ;) >

4. Ohappydaye

Yea, some are getting resets and some say its a miracle worker. I just brought my TX back to life the other day and I'm in no hurry to have to perform CPR on it again any time soon. I can live with the hiss...that is until someone tells me there are no worries with this install. ;)

5. Mi An

Mi An Hyperfocal

Bingo. It's never really bothered me. But if someone reports back that it's the best thing EVAR, well, then I might try it. :)

The only reset loop I read about at 1src was when they tried to uninstall it. That's just the patches way of expressing affection. It didn't want to leave.

6. Ohappydaye

That is true...about the reports of uninstall triggering the reset. Thanks for pointing that out. I'll just be watching and waiting. If it's really great, I'll jump on board at some point. :)

7. mareofearth

mareofearth Leaver of Hoofmarks

I installed it. My TX had a nasty hiss problem - Like one of those nature sounds generators set on ocean waves or white noise and turned way up.
    So, having a good backup, I jumped on this! :)
    My hiss went from really loud, to normal hiss. Unnoticable behind the music now, where before I had to turn it up a bit to drown it out. And that was with my cheaper, iPod In-ear headphones. I plan to see what it is like with my Sennheisers, then my entymotic research - both of which reduced the hiss before.
    No crashes so far - but then I haven't opened PocketTunes yet. That always seems to crash my system. *looks aggrivated*
    HTH
    Mare

8. truffolla

truffolla Mobile Consultant

all of you wimps.. heeh just kidding !

i patched mine and the hiss is definitely less noticable now. seems to destabalize my tx but locked it with resco locker like 1src member pokeypda suggested and so far seems to be running normal again. posted the rest of the details on 1src.

worked well for me.. my tx does not hiss as much at me now and i advise everyone else to apply the patch.

9. palmato

palmato PDA slave

I tested this a few months ago, based on a thread at palmattitude.org. It did make my TX unstable and the alarm volume was lowered too. I ended up uninstalling it as most of those who reported on that forum.

IMHO the best solution for the hiss issue is this (shure attenuator @ amazon). Not free but works without any side effects.

10. Hook

Hook Caught Watching Prawn

Despite all my recent troubles, I have never had even the slightes hiss/whine on my TX, so no patch for me. :)

Now, my T2 on the other hand... :rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.