NEWS: Barnes & Noble to Launch Another Nook Tablet

Discussion in 'General Smartphone/Handheld/Wearable Discussion' started by Ed Hardy, Sep 26, 2011.

1. Mi An

Mi An Hyperfocal

If I read correctly, they plan on updating the NC1 with a ton of new features, and if that includes everything in the NC2, that would be pretty generous, and reinforce your point, except no need to root/ROM.

Last story I read almost made it sound like they planned to keep the NC1 on tap as a budget option rather than just sell off the excess stock.

2. internetpilot

internetpilot Flying Dog (...duh...)

Yes, it appears that they'll keep the NookColor for exactly what it's always been for B&N: A nicely featured eReader with some tablet-ish extras. They seem to be marketing the Nook Tablet as more tablet than eReader. My theory on that is twofold:

1. It was going to be the NookColor2, but they changed that to respond to the Kindle tablet.

2. They took notice that quite a few techies were using the NookColor as a tablet, so putting out the NookColor2 as a tablet will just bring in additional tablet market sales above and beyond the eReader sales of the same device.

I think this was a smart move by B&N. I can't emphasize enough how impressed I am with the NookColor as a tablet, but how many people read tech forums where someone like me would post this? When people ask me what I'm getting the boys for Christmas this year, they act like I'm speaking a foreign language when I tell them. Now I can just as easily tell them, "I'm getting them a refurbished Nook tablet, " and they'll understand completely.