Newbie Cingular Treo 650 user? READ ME FIRST

Discussion in 'Palm' started by ZBoater, Mar 4, 2005.

1. rlovick

rlovick Newbie

How do I copy 650 video files to my PC and what program plays them?:confused:

2. NetBrakr

NetBrakr Gone With The Wind

There are many video players out there. (I answered your other thread). Now to transfer the file. Of course, you will need a expansion slot in order to transfer the "native" video files. The best way to do this is by a card reader.

Please make this a new thread, so this thread can be STAY on subject line.

Ty

JC

3. parlayguy

parlayguy Mobile Consultant

I started having two problems with Docs2Go. One a bother and one critical.

1) Doc2Go seems to have problem opening files that are too large. I get a message that there is not enough memory when trying to open a file over 1.7Meg. I've been told that there is a program that will let you run programs using the SD card as a ram disk. I've already used the utility to move most of the Docs2Go programs to the SD card, but they still use the RAM to load the files. Has anyone used this program and think its a good idea to use it?

2) My more serious problem is that while on a trip I tried to open an excel file and it make my Treo reboot. Ever since them, any file I try to open with Docs2Go causes my Treo to reboot. I use the backup program, but perhaps I should remove and reload Doc2Go. Does anyone know what causes this and what is the best resolution?

Thanks,

4. jweir

jweir Newbie

I am a new user and appreciate the excellent advice given and it has been taken-thank-you
    however, i would like to voice dial my contacts while on the road,is there a reliable program that will do this on my treo?
    also like another person I would like my contacts from my palm desktop to go into my treo contacts -is this possible? I have a lot and a lot of info with each one so the job would be enormous to re-enter all by hand-please help?-jw

5. Bijou

Bijou Mobile Enthusiast

ZBoater, thank you for the advice. Unfortunately, I joined well after I installed my desktop and set up my Treo. I have ordered a 2gb sd card, got backup buddy and will get uninstall software today. I saw that you replied to another member that it's never too late to start over. I plan to do so. Do you have steps to recommend to perform such a do-over ?
    Thanks,
    Bijou

6. jmansfield

jmansfield Newbie

Thank you so much for this post. I am finally breaking down and buying a more robust phone for myself and my business. This article will, I'm sure, save me many hours of frustration. I plan on following your advice to a T. I am an apple macintosh user, and my main concern has been compatibility. After reading Palm's web site, and this newbie user forum, I feel more confident in my purchasing decision. You've helped convert this potential buyer into a new sale.

Jeremy Mansfield
    Creative Director
    Brand Aid Design Co., LLC
    http://www.brandaiddesignco.com

7. RONinLA

RONinLA Newbie

This might not be the right place to mention my issues with the device, but I returned mine after a whopping 8 days for a full refund from Cingular. I loved the style and functionalities offered, but had the same problem repeated with 3 separate devices--that's right, in only 8 days--that had Cingular at an absolute loss (or willingness) to explain.

I'm more than happy to give it another try if there's some way around it, but all three phones would power down to screensaver mode and not power up at all unless I removed and reinserted the battery. In each case, the clock would show the time of the power-down and the phone would need to be turned on again.

After no help from Cingular over the phone, I started to return them to the nearest convenient Cingular store for device checks (they were, similarly, at loss to explain what was--or wasn't--going on) and, ultimately, replacements. Am I missing something here, or is having to remove the battery to turn your device back on the sign of a device that just doesn't work right in the first place?

8. jackiesewell

jackiesewell Mobile Enthusiast

AWESOME....and your right about the SIM card !!

9. mulldr

mulldr Mobile Enthusiast

Any opinion on Cingular Xpress Mail? I've used versamail on my tx. is Xpress mail better?

10. jbrak

jbrak Newbie

I scanned this entire thread and did not see any reference to syncing the tro 650 with act 6.0. Could anyone one direct me to the best way to do that? Without buying the newest act software. The newer versions of ACT...from what I have read are inferior.?...

thanks for your help.