New to me - Used HTC EVO Shift

Discussion in 'HTC' started by headcronie, Mar 7, 2012.

1. headcronie

headcronie Greyscale. Nuff Said. Super Moderator

Running Froyo 2.2. Now I'm on the step of rooting Froyo and getting S-off. Whatever that means... once there, then I'll need to update the radio firmware, and update to GB again.

2. Mi An

Mi An Nexus Refugee

[video=youtube;K3oz0zhEwZk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3oz0zhEwZk[/video]

3. headcronie

S-off completed. Perm Root completed. Still running Froyo 2.2.
    Researching ROM Manager, then it's off to update the radio firmware and get back to GB.

4. weegie

weegie Mobile Deity

Had great faith you would ultimately prevail, t'is great being able to uninstall things you don't use :newpalm:

5. headcronie

6. headcronie

By the way Mi-an, LOVE <3 that clip, as well as the movie! Thanks for the encouragement. :)

7. headcronie

Got much later than I anticipated, and work was crazy. Got this thing pretty much the way I want it. A tweak here or there left at most. Seems faster, but that could be my mind playing with me.

Sent from my Evo Shift using Tapatalk

8. jigwashere

jigwashere Life is a circus!

How's the new ROM working out? Does it still seem faster? Any issues with google play store or apps?

Sent from my XDAndroid GBX0B 2.3.7 using Tapatalk

9. headcronie

I had to re-flash, as I didn't erase the device before I initially flashed it, thus causing some oddities. However, now that I've done that, it is very fast. I've not bothered to OC it, as there isn't any need to. I've had no problems with any of the apps that I previously used, minus Amazon Video. As predicted, it detects root, and won't let me play anything on my phone. Granted, this app is ripped from the Kindle, so the fact that I was able to play anything at all, is rather impressive.

The UI tweaks, and the eye candy are certainly nice. But the real gain is the lack of all the crapware. In fact, it was wiped so clean, that I had to reinstall Sprint TV, and TeleNav, as those were deemed crapware by the ROM author.

I'm glad I did it. Adblocking is wonderful. :)

I was just up in Minneapolis today for my Cousin's graduation party. First time in the cities, where I had a moment to try 4G Wi-Max. 5.5mbit download. Man... I wish we had Wi-Max down here... Rather surprised we don't have it. No way we'll get it now that LTE is out. Oh well.. With root, I've got everything I want that I can think of.

Would you happen to know of any app like TreeSize for Android? Haven't looked yet... just curious.

10. headcronie

Somehow I closed this thread... oops. Re-opening. :p