New/Stable Version Universal BootLoader

Discussion in 'Other Device Manufacturers' started by chrismrulz, Jul 4, 2007.

1. mykytt

mykytt Newbie

Hi, im trying to load a sp to my hw6500 and i recieve over and over again the message \\.\WCEUSBSH001 can not connect.

Can someone help me?

2. chrismrulz

chrismrulz Mobile Deity

Just updated the normal and GUI versions. Descriptions on the first post, but mainly they work better and work under vista and x64 properly.

mykytt, you'll need to find the port the hw6500 uses.
    connect it to the pc as described, then open up the included mtty1a.exe in the /bootloader folder and look at what ports there are.
    you then edit the port in the settings.ini.

other problems that may cause that, dont connect it through a usb hub, and make sure you are getting it in bootloader mode. (google if the included key combination on the first post isnt working for your device)

3. analyzer.x

analyzer.x Newbie

I have a HP iPAQ 614c/612c. I have tried to use Universal BootLoader Tool to flash the diskimage_ver.nb0 to my 612c but didn't work. All it did was show the words (CLIENT CLIENT) written inside the MultiTTY Rom Update utility!

I have used the following to create the diskimage_ver.nb0

pdocread -l
    pdocread -t
    pdocread 0x0 0x5000000 diskimage_Ver.nb0

I would like to know please how I can restore diskimage_Ver.nb0
    back to the PDA?

I have the following 3 questions, I hope someone could answer:

1- can I use pdocwrite.exe safely to write that file back to my pda? if so, then what are the exact parameters I should use to write it back properlly?

2- Can I rename diskimage_Ver.nb0 to flash.dio and put it into an SD Card and boot from it to flash?

3- If I rename diskimage_Ver.nb0 to FLASH.NBF (not flash.dio) can I use the HP update utility to update the flash without using an SD Card?

can someone please explain how I can use the . diskimage_Ver.nb0 to flash back the pda.

your help will be much appreciated.

Thanks

4. chrismrulz

chrismrulz Mobile Deity

mykytt, i believe to put your hw6500 in bootloader mode you hold power + joystick then press soft reset.
    you should notice a different screen that is mostly white. then you stick it in the cradle.

on the first post of this thread it describes what to put in a settings.ini. (put the settings.ini in the same folder as the bootloader.exe you downloaded)
    you could try changing \\.\WCEUSBSH001 to \\.\WCEUSBSH002 if the above still didn't work.

analyzer.x, you may want to experiment with this:
    http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsuppor...=3544356&prodTypeId=215348&objectID=c01515848

5. analyzer.x

analyzer.x Newbie

Hi Chrismrulz,

Thanks for reply, I am already aware of this link and the method explained, I am not sure how that answers any of my 3 questions!. maybe I am missing something can you please be a bit more specific if you are trying to say something.

Thanks

6. chrismrulz

chrismrulz Mobile Deity

sorry, but i don't know enough about the sd card flashing methods enough. especially for all the different iPAQ's.

if you find the right combination of keys to put your iPAQ in bootloader mode, and the right port that your device uses, my bootloader should be compatible with any IPAQ.

i could investigate all the different IPAQ's myself so people don't have to, but making the bootloader has already cost time (thus costing money). and as has been said, no donations come through to support it anymore.

7. analyzer.x

analyzer.x Newbie

Chrismrulz, Thank you for reply and attempt to help :) and no I don't expect you ofcourse to investigate all different ipaqs.

I would like you to clarify something please. I'll understand if you don't know. I am just hoping you might.

When I turn on and connect my pda (while not in bootloader mode) to my pc and disable activesync. If I run your bootloader it detects the right port the device is using which is \\.\WCEUSBSH001 but then nothing happens, the mtty11a.exe comes up and shows its connected to the pda and writes the words "CLIENT" twice but I cannot type anything into the mtty11a utility.

I wanted to confirm that for me to use the bootloader program I have to be in bootloader mode (correct ?). If I use the key combination and the method referenced in the link you posted, this what happens :-

the SDLoader shows up, so

1 -If I try to run the bootloader while in SDLoader mode it does not detect the port the pda is connected to! and in a few seconds it tries to find an update located on the SD Card and therefore fails.

2- Would you know regarding the 614c If the SDLoader mode the same thing as the bootloader mode you are talking about or could there be another method, as far as I know there are none?

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsuppor...=3544356&prodTypeId=215348&objectID=c01515848

anyway thanks for help, I was hoping someone would tell me how I can do it using the pdocwrite command

8. chrismrulz

chrismrulz Mobile Deity

yeah you have to be in bootloader mode. it looks like it's not getting there (by doing nothing or by the sd loader mode).

i think yours is a new model so it could be a bit hard to find the bootloader key combination from public information on the internet.
    so you might need to find someone in the know or work out how to get the sd loader method working.

sorry i can't be of more help.

9. dsl101

dsl101 Newbie

Chris and others,

Just a quick note to give you the results of spending about 4 hours trying to flash my stock hx4700 with a new ROM.

I'm not sure if the mtty application is a little flaky, but I was getting repeated fatal exceptions with the application terminating - fortunately before the flashing process had started.

Anyway, I wasn't able to get the scripted upload to work at all - mtty just kept crashing. By removing and replacing the hx4700 in the cradle, I could run mtty manually without a crash, so I started trying for a manual upload.

My conclusion was (and I'm not sure why) that I needed the mtty app and the rom image in the same directory (for me, C:\hx4700), but I needed to run the command as simply:

USB>lnb wm61.nb0

If I used a filename with any backslashes in it, the line immediately following the lnb would look like this:

USB>lnb c:\hx4700\wm61.nb0
    :F=""

and would then fail with the common 'Fail to synchronise with the host(1)' error. Strangely, if I used forwardslashes, it got further:

USB>lnb c:/hx4700/wm61.nb0
    :F="c:/hx4700/wm61.nb0"

but would still fail later with the synchronisation problem.

Anyway, its now happily flashing away, so fingers crossed. I know everyone thanks you for the tools, without which we'd be nowhere, but also thanks for the continuing activity in the forums - I've been reading stuff dating back to 2006 to get enough knowledge to get this far!

Cheers,

Dave

10. smuzzz

smuzzz Newbie

hi all,
    just a question for chris or for anyone who knows.
    Should i get any kind of output from the bootloader or mtty?
    that's what happens with my 1950rx

and nothing else..

thank you!