'New Posts"

Discussion in 'Site Suggestions, Help and Announcements' started by Varjak, Jan 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. r0k

r0k Dazed

I never use "New Posts" because it only lists posts since my last visit and sometimes I'm logged in on multiple computers and I get empty lists all the time. So now I use "Today's Posts". This often works, as long as I'm visiting BH every day. It would be really nice if the search screen had a simply way to pick a number of days to go back. I would use that instead of "Today's Posts" much the same way Today's Posts has freed me from bothering with New Posts. Only one caveat. When I view BH in Chrome on OS X, the pulldown for Find Posts is missing and instead I only see the useless (to me) New Posts. :(

I don't mind using the ?do=getdaily&days=3 thing on my pc, but on my iTouch, typing a long url is a pain.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  2. lelisa13p

lelisa13p Your Super Moderator Super Moderator

I use "Today's Posts", too, and as soon as I open the tab, I advance thru each page by using the Page 1-2-3 numbers at the top of the first page. Then I read my way from back to front; it's good if you can sit and read threads for an hour or so but sometimes if hours have gone by, the Back button doesn't retain the earlier pages. Opening each page in its own Tab is a safeguard, as mentioned earlier.

3. Varjak

Varjak Mobile Deity

The problem is this: I usually check in once a day with BH, later in the afternoon (5 pm or so). That's all time really allows. I rarely check in on weekends, so the new threads pile up. I assume the 'Today's' threads wouldn't pick up the 3 days worth of a weekend plus part of Monday. That's where the problem usually crops up.

And actually, the way BH works discourages me from checking in more than once a day; because if I just want to find a thread lets say or something, it effectively 'wipes out' my 'history' because there's a new log-in point of reference, so I'm essentially obligated to check all new threads every time I log in, or they 'disappear.'

4. lelisa13p

lelisa13p Your Super Moderator Super Moderator

That "history wipe" feature :rolleyes: is the reason that I sometimes hesitate to login using my iPhone unless I've gotten caught up earlier in the day at my PC. :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.