New pic of Centro

Discussion in 'Palm' started by bluefish, Aug 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. headcronie

headcronie Greyscale. Nuff Said. Super Moderator

If the phone is truly aimed at the teen / college student, I can imagine a plethora of multimedia apps available for it. DTG in a very basic form. I can also see many trials for popular PopCap games being pre-loaded.

2. AlanG

AlanG Mobile Deity

Me too. Docs To Go Standard edition perhaps and they have to include Astraware Solitaire and Trade Winds 2. And maybe Bejeweled 2.

Alan G

3. Genjinaro

Genjinaro ~3rdPrty 4ehvur!~

:D Finally we are getting an arsenal of PDA phones to choose from.

4. Antoine Wright

Antoine Wright Neighborhood Mobilist Super Moderator

...and there's the weekend leak. Dang this industry is getting too predictable (especially Palm).

5. Antoine Wright

Antoine Wright Neighborhood Mobilist Super Moderator

Here are some quick notes now that I've compared this with my 680 (and that shot is near actual size of the device):
    - take the 680/750/755, lop off the top of the device (everything above the screen) then you have the height
    - the device as a whole is about as wide as the SCREEN of the aformentioned Treos
    - it looks as if the rear is flat: this would mean that the Centro is nearly 2/3 less plump of the aformentioned Treos
    - the IM app is the same one that came with the 755p; from my reocllection, it is showing the same amount of info, so this being a hi-res screen is most likely correct; note, this is a photoshopped screenshot so don't take that one as law
    - the keyboard will be cramped for a lot of people, but there seems to be a new design to the keys making them just as easy to type on, will have to see about getting a review unit to test that part of things
    - the 5way while nice, will be a problem, its too small and there's not enough rim for directional activities.
    - thankfully the send/end buttons are not wrap arouneds
    - the side buttons are the same as on my 680, except that the voice recorder button on the Centro is a good bit smaller

THis device being called a Treo 500 would seem to fit. My hope is that the battery that ships is at least the same as the one that shipped in the 680, if not the Seido one that was just released that was OEM size (its more squared off, just as the 755p's battery was).

There you have one of the two fall releases that Palm normally does. Either the Foleo or a new Treo would be the other IMO.

6. NetBrakr

NetBrakr Gone With The Wind

Dang it!!!

Ok, I am switching to Sprint. jk. :(

Capt. JC

7. Stirling

Stirling Packets in, packets out

Honestly, that's a pretty good looking phone, and gets away from the "chubby Treo" issue. I can see it doing well with it's target market, and more really.

8. berylrb

berylrb Mobile Deity

hmmm, ... that's a nice uppercut to the 2008 nano-Phone :D

9. MaggieScratch

MaggieScratch Has got to the black veil

It's not bad at all--definitely a more modern-looking refresh. So considering the other leaked photos, it seems to come in black and white at least--I wonder if there are any other colors? Didn't the rumors pretty much say that?

10. PatrickS

PatrickS Gadget Magnet

No whispers of a GSM model?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.