New Palm Desktop Download Page Online

Discussion in 'General Palm OS' started by SyncRaven, Oct 28, 2021.

1. SyncRaven

SyncRaven Mobile Deity

Just FYI I've put up a download archive/page for all available (that I know of) Palm Desktop versions & palm desktop drivers here:
    https://files.syncpedia.com/

Tried to make the descriptions clear on compatibility so people can know exactly which version will work with their devices.
    All the files are being stored on our server - so if they disappear from the web they will still be available there.

If time permits I might add to it, with hardware drivers (such as camera/storage etc) as well as apps.
    But I mostly wanted to get Palm Desktop archived.

scjjtt, lelisa13p, Hook and 2 others like this.
  2. Hook

Hook Hookette says 'Tis the season!

Just curious. I noticed the buy now button for premium service which will include "large downloads." Can you say a bit more about what you are planning there. The desktop files are pretty large as far as Palm stuff is concerned. Will these desktop files remain accessible without a premium subscription? The first part of the question is curiosity about the premium service. The second part of the question, whether access to the desktops will remain available without premium, has to do with adding the link to my TX help page. :vbsmile:

3. SyncRaven

SyncRaven Mobile Deity

Hi Hook, Good question :).
    All of the palm desktop files are free to download except the visor for mac one which is 360MB. (if you read the description on that one I explain it) I debated adding it at all since it was so big but decided that was an easy solution to still offer it to help defray the hosting costs in that case.
    I will not be charging for the other palm desktops on the list - which are generally not larger than 70mb.
    There are other similar files too that I will add in the future - like I found the Veo Traveler ISO file which is like 600MB.
    And, once you pay the $5 you have lifetime access to future big files I add - it's a one time thing just there to help with the hosting costs associated with those kinds of files.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2021
  4. EdmundDantes

EdmundDantes Mobile Deity

What is Visor for Mac? A desktop for the Visor device on the Mac?

scjjtt likes this.
  5. SyncRaven

SyncRaven Mobile Deity

Yeah, it's the DVD of the palm desktop for handspring visor devices, for early Mac OS X.

scjjtt likes this.
  6. EdmundDantes

EdmundDantes Mobile Deity

Thanks for the info.

scjjtt likes this.