NEW: iPhony 0.2 released!

Discussion in 'Themes and Skins (Palm OS)' started by mbennouf, Jan 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mbennouf

mbennouf Mobile Deity

Welcome to Brighthand, and apologies to all who've come here expecting to find the iPhony skin for Palm OS. Due to reasons beyond the control of Brighthand, the BH staff, and the TechnologyGuide network as a whole, iPhony has been removed from the site. On Monday the 15th, we received a very threatening letter from Apple's legal firm demanding that we take down the files and images from iPhony, on grounds of alleged copyright infringement.

Usually we have an open forum here, which includes a place that's friendly to enthusiast software and homegrown applications like this one. Unfortunately, unless we want to go to war with Apple, we're obligated to remove the images and files that were physically hosted on our server. Please don't take it out on the moderators--they're just doing what they have to, and none of us are happy about it, particularly after the extremely rude tone that Apple's people took in this. This means that we cannot allow iPhony install files or screenshots to be hosted on our site, nor will Brighthand moderators or contributors send files to anyone.

On the bright side, this is the first time in quite awhile that we've been subjected to this kind of threat, so I suppose we have to take it in stride. Most of the time this place is a haven.

For those who wish to voice their displeasure with Apple's tactics, feel free to register, and make your opinion heard in our Apple forum.

--Adama D. Brown

----------------------------------------------------------------

Holvoetn: DISCLAIMER: DUE TO POSSIBLE LEGAL IMPLICATIONS THE DOWNLOAD HAS BEEN REMOVED.

Hello guys,

Why wait until June 2007 to get your iPhone? Just download iPhone 0.2 (file attached) and start to impress your friends and colleagues today!

Of course it is just for fun (Launcher app) and it is not completly done yet but the way I see it is that I have until June 2007 to finish the application!

Of course it is FREE so enjoy!

Version info:
    Mo.

SimToGo*
    (Lunar Lander Simulator & Blue Diamond)

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  2. holvoetn

holvoetn Still a moderator ...

Mo, there is no file attached here ;)

3. mbennouf

mbennouf Mobile Deity

Thanks so much holvoetn!

Sorry guys. I attached it the Zip since this forum does not take .prc

Enjoy!

Mo.

4. holvoetn

Mo,
    took the liberty to copy the info from TreoCentral regarding features over here.
    Hope you don't mind ;)

5. Ohappydaye

Ohappydaye Wonder Palmstress

Maybe a dumb question...but I venture to ask, can I use this with Zlauncher? And even if I can't it looks super!! Nice job!

6. holvoetn

Why not ?
    It is an application like any other ;)

7. Ohappydaye

Well, sweet news holvy!! Gonna go give this a whirl. *gets goosebumps*:D

Edit: OMG!!! That is sooo sweet, just installed it. VERY nice. I can't wait for the 320x480 version. My TX is going to look even cooler!! Thanks for sharing, this is awesome!

8. berylrb

berylrb Mobile Deity

Hold on OHappyDaye! Now I don't mean to be rude or anything Mo but that iPhony launcher is really Phoney, it's a Windows Sim, what's wi' dat!:rolleyes: ... simtogo could have at least attempted to make it an Apple Phoney, no red X'es you know.

9. holvoetn

It's a screen shot from Windows simulator.
    I can assure you that I do not see red X's on my device ;)

10. Ohappydaye

No red x's here either...very pretty IMO. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.