New Default Iconset

Discussion in 'Themes and Skins (Palm OS)' started by authorandrew, Feb 26, 2012.

1. authorandrew

authorandrew Now on Ay3sha

So, my Centro still has a lot of life in it. I vascilate between TealOS and the standard launcher, depending on whether my preference is prettiness or speed. The only problem is that with all the custom apps I have installed, the icons are a bit of a mess. And the side of me that likes pretty things wants to fix that :p

I quite like the look of the icons for all the default applications, and these also render very nicely in TealOS (which removes the blue circle around them, leaving the icon and the shadow...very nice). So I started tinkering around in Photshop, messing with icons.

Preview.png (Click for full-size)

This is my result. These are icons for four popular third-party apps: eReader, NVBackup, Noah Pro, and FileZ. They look lovely in both the standard launcher and TealOS, and I'm quite happy with them (save Noah Pro, which I made late at night...the angles at the top are eluding me).

My question is: would anyone who still uses Palm devices be interested in a set like this? I'm probably going to make the rest of the set for my own use anyways, but I'd be more inclined to polish it up, maybe add extra apps to it, if people are interested.

aa

Last edited: Jan 16, 2014
  2. hal

hal itchy and cold feet hal

I'd be interested, authorandrew, but I ain't got the slightest idea of how to replace the original icons with yours :p

3. authorandrew

Well, these are just the images right now. When I'm done I'll release Appicon, ZLauncher, IconsPlus, and TealOS iconsets =)

Andrew

4. hal

Much appreciated, in advance :)

5. scjjtt

scjjtt A Former Palm User

I would be interested too - thanks!

6. Ixchel

Ixchel Mobile Consultant

I would be interested in them as well.

7. authorandrew

Okay, so last year I gradually got out a couple icons at a time until I had finally converted all of the apps on my phone -- they look great! Here are the icons as they stand now:

icons.png

In order: Space War, Documents to Go, eReader, FileZ, Noah Pro, NVBackup, Reading Planner, SMS Advanced, a half-finished Phone icon, pTunes, Little John Palm OS, ChordDB, Thesaurus, and Space Trader.

Like I said, I made this for my own use. I might add a few more icons as I re-add older apps to my phone, and I might run through the games and apps on my T|X. But anyways, anyone still interested in these icons for a much-too-old Palm OS?

Andrew

lelisa13p, jigwashere and hal like this.
  8. hal

Pretty good work, authorandrew, how you've been doing?

9. lelisa13p

lelisa13p Your Super Moderator Super Moderator

Those look good! :newpalm:

10. wminner

wminner Mobile Evangelist

I would also be interested in a copy, if you will be making them accessible to those of us who STILL have a Palm in our e-stable of non-converged e-devices.
    Thx,
    Bill