New Capacitive Stylus for Apple ipad, HTC HD2

Discussion in 'Press Releases/Announcements' started by Songtak, Mar 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Songtak

Songtak Songtak

Hello Everyone, :)

Songtak upgraded capacitive stylus - works well on Apple ipad, HTC HD2.

Here it is:
    [​IMG]

Features:
    1. Upgraded tip material is softer and smooth on any capacitive touch screen, especially for those devices require a larger touch point.
    2. Provide typing comfort, accuracy and efficiency.
    3. Excellent with gloves.
    4. Gaming, sliding, drawing and double-tap zoom are possible.
    5. Optional with clip design. It's small enough to put in your pocket or purse.
    6. Loop design for tether.
    7. Dimension:OD9mmx110.3mm
    8. ROHS compliant
    9. Patents:Japan,USA,Taiwan,China
    10. Made in Taiwan.

OEM and ODM orders are welcome!!

2. Ed Hardy

Ed Hardy TabletPCReview Editor Staff Member

I've used this stylus with the iPad, and it works quite well. You have to push a little but harder than you do with your finger, but -- not surprisingly -- it makes handwriting apps much easier to use.

I also like that it doesn't put fingerprints on the screen.
    -

3. Hook

Hook Hookette's edgy lately

Ed,

Does this have any advantages for typing on an onscreen keyboard (on Android). My fingers are not always steady and I'm wondering if this would give me more accuracy if I wanted to pull it out. Would I need a thinner tip?

4. Ed Hardy

Ed Hardy TabletPCReview Editor Staff Member

You're probably not going to find a smaller tip. Capacitive styli have to mimic your fingertip, and therefore can't be tiny. This one is typical of the styli I've seen.

If you're accustomed to using a stylus on a smartphone, and have always been accurate with it, I can see how using one on a capacitive screen might be a better experience for you. It slows down text entry for me, but if you're having problems with accuracy, this might be an option for you.

(Another thing to consider is voice input, but that's a topic for another thread. This one is about styli.)

Speaking of the iPad, the situation on this new Apple device is completely different. The keys on that device are much much larger, bigger than a fingertip, so using a stylus for this really slows the process down.
    -