Need To Change User To Display Data...

Discussion in 'Sync (Windows/Palm OS)' started by BocaDr, Apr 14, 2020.

1. BocaDr

BocaDr Newbie

I just discovered how to install Palm Desktop 6.2.2 onto my Windows 10 PC...I performed my 1st Hotsync but I guess during that initial hotsync, I must have put the incorrect User Name, so that when it was all through, the Desktop was there but no data displayed... after checking some of the online resources, I looked in Documents/PalmOSDesktop... and found all the data in a folder labelled with a different user name than the hotsync and the handheld t/x device was showing. In Hotsync Mgr. I tried creating a new User with the exact name of the folder containing the data files on the PC and setting Hotsync to that user name and performing Hotsync, but the t/x device is still set to the other user name that contains no data. I don't know how to change the User on the handheld device to the user name of the folder containing the data so the Desktop will also contain all the data on the handheld...does that all make sense? Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

lelisa13p and RickAgresta like this.
  2. Hook

Hook Her Clack is Worse Than Her Bite

I think, but am not sure, this will let you change the TX's hotsync name to match the name on Palm Desktop. Let me know.

https://palmdb.net/changename/

3. BocaDr

BocaDr Newbie

Hook: thx for the suggestion...however, an idea came to me while sleeping...I simply double-clicked on one of the .bak db files that clearly contained all the data for that app and pointed the PC to palm.exe to open it... then I changed the User name in the Desktop app to the same as on the t/x handheld and voila! all the data populated the Desktop! :D

scjjtt, lelisa13p, headcronie and 3 others like this.