Need the 2002FE ROM please

Discussion in 'e800 series' started by 66tbird, Dec 14, 2011.

1. 66tbird

66tbird Mobile Deity

Well, its been what,, 9 years now and my e800 finally died. It made kind of a spark and arc sound then the screen went oily. So I pulled out a spare and swapped screens and checked some components only to find the charge circuit toasted do to dust and grime. So I grab my last e800 from the box and its a 2003SE rom, which I'm not backed up for. I've spent a few days trying to adapt to it but its just to slow:( I've looked through all my old hard drives looking for the 2002FE but no luck.

If anyone has a copy I'd appreciate it.

I was surprised to see the forum still going:)

Thank you

2. lelisa13p

lelisa13p Your Super Moderator Super Moderator

Sorry that I can't help you with your quest but maybe someone here can. :)
    Well, heck, we've been here; where were you? ;)

3. 66tbird

66tbird Mobile Deity

Oh, I was here quite a bit years ago till I got the e800 all dialed in, then stayed on a little longer to help others. In time the little PDA just became a reliable piece of hardware that just kept on going and the exploration was over. Downloading podcast and playing music were the main interest with excel and calculator apps a strong 2nd. With a 4G SD and a 16G CF the number of apps, games, music, movies, and books just drops jaws when the 'Let's compare handhelds' game rolls around. I figure the money I saved not having a big smartphone plan and hassle made me enough $ to pay for my gas and insurance, and free gas and insurance is good:D

4. FuzzmanKS

FuzzmanKS Newbie

What kind of apps do you run on your e800? I got one several years ago but didn't like the hassel of needing to zoom in to view an email or web page. After a few months I quit using it when I got my first laptop.

I would like to be able to sync my Outlook calendar on it. But on the other hand I just got a large tablet so maybe I should just sell the e800.

5. 66tbird

66tbird Mobile Deity

The good news is I actually fixed the unit by robbing smt parts off an old mp3 player. I had to solder with a needle and a usb microscope. Took four days and four attempts but it works. wifi is not but I may of jacked the antenna. I'll dive in tomorrow and fix that.

The apps I use most are Mbro(?) a video player, excel, RC2PC(allows full control and screen view of any system on my network, including boot/shutdown, file transfers and router setup). Sokuko, golf, pool, are the games, I've got over fifty of those. E-reader for 100's of technical books, trueview for pics, Also have some great wardriving apps that do better that my laptop. Of course Npop for email, and PPX as the navigator software I guess, and wisebar as the startbar. With the 5000mah battery (6yrs old) I charge it every few days. It works for me and saves me money because I use a cheap disposable phone.

In a few more tablet generations I'll do a 7''. Till then I'll keep taking the grand a year I save on a smartphone plan and sink it into what I've been doing, that's buying physical gold:D You do the math;)