Need AudioPlayer Recommendation - Please

Discussion in 'Other Device Manufacturers' started by snivvy, Dec 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. snivvy

snivvy Mobile Enthusiast

Hi- After returning my HP 211 and acquiring an HP mini 1000 I now have the 'need' to get an application for my x51v which will give me as much look and feel as possible in the iTouch direction. Can someone recommend what would be the best application for doing this? TIA

2. Konrad Pierce

Konrad Pierce Village Idiot 2.0

I'm not familiar with the iPhone's audio interface, but the most popular audio players available for WM devices are: TCPMP (I'm told it's best to avoid betaplayer and coreplayer), PocketPlayer, PocketMusic, and the crummy WM-integrated Windows Media Player Mobile. I'm rather fond of TodayPlayer, which seems to have become abandonware.

There are innumerable WM audio players (for mp3, ogg, and other formats), as well as countless audio converters and other utilities available for download, but I'm only familiar with those that I've listed above. You might also try searching for "iPhone" themes, skins, launchers, and GUIs - I'm sure there's lots out there and you can find something that'll do what you want.

3. palmgeek5394

palmgeek5394 Nokia N800 + HTC Wizard

S2P is basically the same as the iThings' music player. It only plays music AFAIK (also don't know what formats it'll do - all my songs are .mp3, mostly at 128kb/s @ 44KHz). You might also like S2U2 (might require smartphone, IDK) and S2V from the same author because they also look and feel a lot like iDevice apps. PocketCM is very similar to the iPhone's contacts app except it's skinnable. ;) As far as launchers go, there's iFonz (kinda sucky) and PointUI Home, along with numerous other related apps that are touch-oriented.