Need a Source for Replacement Stylus

Discussion in 'Palm' started by pharmer59, Oct 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pharmer59

pharmer59 Mobile Evangelist

I read the thread posted a couple of years ago about a guy having to jump through hoops with palm customer service in order to get a decent replacement stylus (the 3 pak of styli sold on palm website evidently leave a lot to be desired), but was hoping to avoid all that. My lifedrive stylus has finally kicked the bucket (no longer retracts). Would someone be kind enough to post a link to a source for a replacement that fairly accurately resembles the original stylus. Thanks in advance.

2. Pathdoc

Pathdoc Mobile Deity

Send me a PM. I have two extras (from times I sent my LD without stylus for repair and it came back as a refurb with a stylus). I would be willing to sell one at a reasonable price plus shipping.

3. BAB2000

BAB2000 An "Olde Moderator" #2

I can not beat Pathdoc's offer, yet if you are located in the States, and have a Staples Office Supply store, you may find a multi-pack on the display for PDAs yet.

I thought the LD used the same stylus as other models, and Palm did package the common stylus with multiple top pieces to allow compatibility with multiple models. If I am mistaken of the LD stylus, my apologies! and ignore this rambling.;)

4. luigi

luigi Palm aficionado

5. Silly Rabbit

Silly Rabbit In training!

I can't speak to the standard Palm three pack with respect to a Lifedrive, but I'd have to say I have no complaints about them with my TX.

However, FYI, there are websites devoted to styli. Who knew? ;)

6. voyagerxxx

voyagerxxx PDA friendly

Panache is the best place for stylus:

http://www.pdapanache.com/index.asp

7. pharmer59

pharmer59 Mobile Evangelist

Thanks for all the replies. Got one in the mail today from pathdoc. Many thanks pathdoc. I'm a happy camper.

8. BAB2000

BAB2000 An "Olde Moderator" #2

thought of this thread today. Was at a Staples and Office Depot near my home. Both had clearance items from Palm ans Staples had the 3 pack for the LD and othe rmodels that used the same for $10. I thought that was the retail price, but may be wrong. Z22 styli for 3, $3, but plastic original verson.

Glad it worked out for you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.