Need a phone with all day battery life

Discussion in 'Verizon' started by Woolf, Dec 14, 2013.

1. Woolf

Woolf Newbie

Hi, this is my first post

I'm am contractually obligated to Verizon as I get a very good deal through work. I need a new phone because my iPhone 4 doesn't maintain enough battery charge. I'm often out in the field for 12+ hours a day with no opportunity to recharge my phone. So, can anyone suggest a phone available through Verizon that can get through 24+ hours of significant use. I do a lot of texting, calling and web surfing during the day.

Thanks,
    Woolf

2. Mi An

Mi An Nexus Refugee

lelisa13p and scjjtt like this.
  3. lelisa13p

lelisa13p Your Super Moderator Super Moderator

Welcome to Brighthand, Woolf. :)

If you are happy with your iPhone 4 otherwise, you can take it into an Apple Store and have the battery replaced. My son is still using my previous iPhone 4 and will continue until next Fall when new models come out again and I upgrade, passing my iPhone 5 down to him at that time. He hasn't mentioned having any battery issues and the hardware is still good. It's still running iOS 5 so the load isn't heavy. :)

4. RickAgresta

RickAgresta Peanut, leader of the Peanutty Forces

welcome to Brighthand!

both Mi An and lelisa13p make good points; as already said, if you're happy with your phone except for the battery life, there are ways around it. if it was me, and I was happy with the phone, I'd replace the battery *AND* at least look at external cases with batteries. a quick search on google for this (no quotes) "iphone external battery case" turned up a lot of things to look at, including a review by CNET.

good luck and let us know what happens :newpalm:

EDIT: if an external battery pack is consideration, this google search: "external battery charger iphone 4" also has a good number of options to think about.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2013
    lelisa13p and scjjtt like this.
  5. RickAgresta

RickAgresta Peanut, leader of the Peanutty Forces

I just tested an external battery pack on an iPhone 5, using the genuine Apple cable, worked fine. I'd expect the same to be true for the iPhone 4.

lelisa13p and jigwashere like this.
  6. ward.smith

ward.smith OldSurfDog

I have an external battery pack that will charge my iPhone 4s 3 times from 20% before the battery pack needs to be charged. It is a Mobile Power Pack IMP500 by Trent. I found it on Amazon.

RickAgresta likes this.
  7. SGosnell

SGosnell (retired) Palm Pilot

If you get a phone with a replaceable battery, you can either buy a high-capacity battery, or buy extra batteries, which you can swap out in a minute or two. I have both, and which I choose depends on what I plan to do. If I really want to keep the very thin profile, I carry a spare battery or two, and if the thickness isn't an issue, I may use the high-capacity battery, which is twice as thick as the standard one, and requires a different back for the phone. Either choice can work, it's just personal preference. But if you stay with an ilPhone, you're pretty much out of luck with that. Personally, I won't buy a phone without a replaceable battery and an SD card slot.