Name change?

Discussion in 'Site Suggestions, Help and Announcements' started by questionfear, Oct 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. raspabalsa

raspabalsa Brain stuck BogoMipping

Looks like it's a site-wide name change: Brighthand's main page now reads "Cellphone Reviews - Mobile Phone Reviews and Smartphone Phone News". Sounds really bad IMO.... even if the change is justified, they should try to improve the page titles.

2. questionfear

questionfear Google'd.

Ah, makes complete sense. Just threw me for a loop yesterday since i was ready to start grumbling about spam...

3. Andrew

Andrew Mobile Deity

Hey guys, it's a simple Search Engine Optimization (SEO) change to the title tag for the forum.brighthand.com domain, Brighthand.com is back in the title now to avoid any confusion.

Nothing else is changing with the forums, it's just our SEO team has been doing analysis and determined nobody is searching on the term "PDA" these days so we needed to change the title to let the search engines of the world know that what people are searching for may indeed be found in the forums here.

So yeah, at the end of the day we're just making a sacrifice to the search engine gods by changing some of the title tags around by including more of the keywords in the page titles that people are searching on and then hoping the search engines bestow upon us ample site visitors to further enhance the community :p

4. Andrew

Andrew Mobile Deity

lol, I replied while logged in as Administrator and just deleted and reposted, so now it looks like you saw into the future on my reply.

5. raspabalsa

raspabalsa Brain stuck BogoMipping

Thanks, Andrew. It's nice to see "Brighthand" back in the title. The changes make sense, we all know how unforgiving the Search Gods can be :D Hopefully this will increase the number of visitors.

6. JRakes

JRakes NOT your Average Joe

Oh, Ppbbbttt... I still think my device convergence caused some sort of cosmic divergence! :D

7. hal

hal itchy and cold feet hal

I figured out the PDA term had something to do with it, yet I couldn't assert why a webpage so dedicated to smartphones should carry the term "cellphone". But, any way or the other, it means some change to be updated. Renovation is a must.

:D :D :D
    A friend of mine is a butcher. Wanna talk with with him to buy a sheep at low price?