Name change?

Discussion in 'Site Suggestions, Help and Announcements' started by questionfear, Oct 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. questionfear

questionfear Google'd.

Is Brighthand changing names? I saw the forums changed to Cell Phone Forums....

Is this because JRakes bought a smartphone?

2. DragonHunter

DragonHunter Bow, bow, bow, bow

It's because te PDA, as we know it, is dead, I think.

Except for the Touch...but it's a weird cross between a smartphone and an mp3 player....;)

3. hal

hal itchy and cold feet hal

I also noticed the change, girl. However it may seem like parsing on my side, then shouldn't it be renamed smartphone forums? Cause we barely speak of the Nokia 5125, or the SE t68i :rolleyes:. Oh, yeah, this has to do something with JRakes. They must've said: "OK, we sample with... this forum member (pinpoint gesture)... when he leaves the PDAs, we renew the forums name" :D

4. raspabalsa

raspabalsa Brain stuck BogoMipping

I think the new name is confusing: inside the cell phone forums you find PDA, smartphones, netbooks, etc. Also, "Brighthand" no longer appears in the name.

5. hal

hal itchy and cold feet hal

Yeah, there is something very wrong in the top brass' considerations :confused:

6. Dngrsone

Dngrsone One Serious Wiku

For once, I am not extremely far from the power curve... I noticed the name change immediately upon logging on today.

It was a bit confusing and disconcerting, until I saw Brighthand.com on the actual page.

Still, I'm of the opinion that if a significant number of members (and I think most of the regulars are) still have, use, and discuss PDAs and handhelds, that we shouldn't be excluded in the title.

But who am I?

7. questionfear

questionfear Google'd.

it's also confusing, because I thought it was spam until I saw the subject line matched a BH thread.

8. raspabalsa

raspabalsa Brain stuck BogoMipping

I definitely don't like the new name.... "Cell Phone Forums" sounds way too generic... even a purely cellphone forum such as HowardForums has a distinctive name. Would be nice to have an official word about this change... I very much prefer "Brighthander" over "Cellphoner" :D

9. JRakes

JRakes NOT your Average Joe

I warned you folks: There would be massive cosmic disruptions if I "crossed over" and, well... :eek:

;)

Me, too! I mean, if I was finally yanked into the converged / smartphone world because it was the "new, better way," then doesn't "bright" seem more appropriate? Moreover, since the "cell phone" aspect of my recent migration is rather low on my priority list... :rolleyes:

Apologies, Gang - I didn't think the cosmic disruptions would be quite this far-reaching... :eek:

:D

10. Hook

Hook Professional Daydreamer

Yeah, another Thumbs Down on the change. I suspect however it is perceived as a way to drive traffic or revenue or Google listings or something beneficial to TechTarget.

If so, fine, if it helps keep the ship afloat. I'll try and ignore it. :rolleyes: