My Samsung Galaxy TAB S 10.5: Rooting, etc.

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by Hook, Dec 26, 2014.

1. Hook

Hook Nexus or Nothin'

Well, don't get too excited, NETB, I'm back on the CM based ROM. :vbtongue:

It gets a little weirder though at this point.

(Warning: this is long and convoluted and probably not worth your time :vbwink:)

So, I decided to Nandroid back to the CM-based ROM. I figured I'd try and get a logcat while the video was playing and see if it revealed something (to the Dev-- I have no idea what that stuff in a logcat means). So I go to play a video... it's no longer lisping. Tried another, it worked fine too. I now began to realize I had been caught in another attempt by my technology to humiliate me in front of an XDA dev. :vbeek: :vbrolleyes:

Then, I discovered another strange problem. There were a few videos that DroidTV refused to play. he first two I tried were ones that had been downloaded on the previous ROM. Aha, says I. So I Nandroid back to IronRom and try them and they play. So I try a couple I downloaded on the new ROM and they play too. So I go back to the new ROM and discover other files that were downloaded on the old ROM that play fine. In fact, the ones that didn't play were all from BBC: Sherlock and Dr, Who. I tried removing them (also from DroidTV's servers, and then redownloaded fresh copies and they still wouldn't play.

What to do? I didn't want to go back to Touchmywiz. So I remembered that DroidTV will let you use third party video players. It apparently has it's choices hard wired so it wouldn't offer me my go-to player Act 1, but it did offer VLC, so I slelected that and now all the videos play.

So, I think I have everything sorted, although I really have no idea what caused any of the problems, why everything worked so smoothly with DroidTV before or how everything got fixed. However, I dirty flashed the new release today (with the Feb security updates) and everything is still fine. :thumbsup:

2. NetBrakr

NetBrakr Gone With The Wind

Thank you Hook for wasting 2 mins of my life. :p

3. RickAgresta

RickAgresta Peanut, leader of the Peanutty Forces

horse•poo!

4. Mi An

Mi An Nexus Refugee

If we have to start adding warning labels to posts that are long and convoluted, I should just put one in my signature to save time. :vboops:

RickAgresta, scjjtt, Hook and 2 others like this.
  5. jigwashere

jigwashere Life is a circus!

You mean, the other posts weren't long and convoluted? :confused:

6. Hook

Hook Nexus or Nothin'

They were, but a new government regulation was just passed requiring warning labels on my posts. :vbwink:

7. RickAgresta

RickAgresta Peanut, leader of the Peanutty Forces

Canada or North Korea?