My Nook Color (pre-owned) has been ordered!

Discussion in 'General Smartphone/Handheld/Wearable Discussion' started by jigwashere, Sep 16, 2011.

1. internetpilot

internetpilot Flying Dog (...duh...)

I did the exact same thing! If you find yours, look around to see if mine is in the same place.

2. jigwashere

jigwashere Mobile Deity

I found it in the junk box on my desk inside the case LOGIC pouch for my 320GB portable HD. I often stick portable memory in one side of the pouch. Anyway, I reflashed and am restoring from backup. I don't think I did a recent backup, which means I'll probably have to reinstall a few items and updates. No problem. Actually, I should have tried CM7.2-RC1 and also reinstalled everything from scratch. Next time.

3. guywolffe

guywolffe Mobile Enthusiast

I just ordered a Nook Color through ebay. It is already loaded with CM7.1. Does that mean I have to put the Nook app on it Also I use Office 2007 and want to know if you have loaded deja office on your Nook.

4. jigwashere

jigwashere Mobile Deity

In case anyone's interested, you can get a refurbed Nook Color for $75 right now. The 2 I own are still going strong. I'm running CM7.2 on them, although I just formatted a microSD card to boot CM10 beta 5 (Jelly Bean). Jelly Bean seems to run okay, but I haven't played with it.

I don't think you could possibly find a better tablet in this price range. If you can afford to spend a bit more, there are plenty of better options. My only complaints: bluetooth range is less than 18 inches (only works with CM7/10) and the B&N power cable (a proprietary microUSB cable) is expensive to replace -- and they do break. BT is good for keyboard and mouse, but not headphones given the poor range.

5. LandSurveyor

LandSurveyor LandSurveyor

Can't ask for much cheaper than that.

Wyrenut tells me that I should install CM9 on this Touchpad but I still don't have the guts to try it.

BT is funny stuff. I have a survey instrument at work that, combined with my data collector, has a short range like you describe. My brother's unit can easily remain connected up to 30 feet.

6. jigwashere

jigwashere Mobile Deity

B&N doesn't state that the Nook Color has bluetooth. It took CyanogenMod to turn the BT radio on, but for some reason the range is extremely short. Perhaps there's no antenna. Whatever the reason, it's one reason why I wouldn't bother getting another. I don't know if I want a 10" or 7" tablet next go-around.

7. LandSurveyor

LandSurveyor LandSurveyor

I may have to try CM9 yet because I can't even get an update to the Kindle app in WebOS. Nook and everything else is non-existent. Hate to give up WebOS, especially since I have a phone running it as well now, but like all neglected OSs, it gets left behind.

There are so many inexpensive tablets these days, one is really spoiled for choice.

8. jigwashere

jigwashere Mobile Deity

I'm able to run CM10 from the SD card, which means I can reboot any time back to CM7. It's an easy way to experiment. So far, everything runs great except Netflix.

EDIT: Here's a version of Netlix that's supposed to work. http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1546053

Last edited: Nov 12, 2012