My Nook Color (pre-owned) has been ordered!

Discussion in 'General Smartphone/Handheld/Wearable Discussion' started by jigwashere, Sep 16, 2011.

1. hal

hal itchy and cold feet hal

Thank you both! This is one of the geekiest threads lately. So, this Nook color has Bluetooth hardware, say out of service?

2. brickman65

brickman65 It's a state of mind..

The way I read it is........The only way his Wife LET him get one was if he bought the Mother-In-Law one!!! :D :D :p :p

3. jigwashere

jigwashere Mobile Deity

What my wife doesn't know won't hurt me. Right?
    The first one shipped.
    Scheduled Delivery:
    Friday, 09/23/2011, By End of Day

Overstock.com price increased to $159 but still has $1 shipping. Of course, they just sent me a coupon for $10 off my next purchase > $100. Should I get one for myself (my son is already claiming the first one)? :rolleyes:

4. Mi An

Mi An Hyperfocal

Have you told the boss how much you saved on each one yet? If not, you can order a 3rd and say the first two generous gifts were only $15 off retail. Then you skin yours blackish blue with a palm logo on the front and the sticker from your TX on the back -- she'll never know AND she might think you've lost weight since that last time you used it.

5. jigwashere

jigwashere Mobile Deity

I should have purchased them on impulse, had them shipped to my office, then consulted with you on the correct approach to introduce them into my home. I'm so pissed I didn't think of this!

6. jigwashere

jigwashere Mobile Deity

One NOOKcolor arrived today and is currently charging. Looks nice. Feels nice. The second one should arrive on Monday. I think I'll load a couple of free childrens books on it tonight and see what the kids think.

7. jigwashere

jigwashere Mobile Deity

I'm posting via the Nook. It's fun to have a new toy, but I'm not in love with it yet. The touchscreen calibdration might be slightly off. Even if it weren't, I think I would still be a bit frustrated by it.

I do think I will like it once I get CM7 on it. I need time to get to know it and figure out how it will best serve my.

My son wasn't very impressed :rolleyes:.

8. Mi An

Mi An Hyperfocal

Did you spot the twitter amazon app store deal? I can't remember if you're a fellow SN hater or not, but it's actually better if you are, you can spam for companies to get free stuff without actually spamming anyone. Anyway, they'll give you $2 for the store, so you can get Plants vs. Zombies free and maybe impress your son that way.

Also great idea to get in on the Amazon app store faotd deals asap. I've gotten some pretty nice utilities from it. Also keep an eye on getjar's gold list, you can spoof a nexus one user agent in dolphin HD and get them if it doesn't recognize the nook. Useful utilities there too.

9. Hook

Hook Have keyboard, will travel

My philosophy with Android -- actually same one I had on Palm, come to think of it-- is I don't want a lot of apps, free or otherwise. I want the apps I need to do the things I do regularly. I have two desktops of apps that I use a great deal, one desktop of media/internet apps and one desktop of utilities. This includes widgets. Anything else stays in the app drawer and anything that doesn't have a compelling reason to be added to my few desktops had better have a compelling reason for me to download it,and most often it won't. Angry Birds is gone because I only played once or twice a month.

I don't use the Amazon app store.. why do I need 2 stores? They already have my music and book purchases. No need to get greedy, now. ;)

10. brickman65

brickman65 It's a state of mind..

What does it not do that you were expecting? I don't mean that as critical as it may sound. Just wondering. Are the transitions not smooth?

I do this ALL the time! It's a great way to get some good apps at a good deal. You just have to be petient. I have bought almost all my games this way. $1 or Free for alomst all of them. If you can hold out till "Black Friday" and the Christmas season you WILL get some great deals on alot of different apps.