My Nook Color (pre-owned) has been ordered!

Discussion in 'General Smartphone/Handheld/Wearable Discussion' started by jigwashere, Sep 16, 2011.

1. questionfear

questionfear Google'd.

If you are hacked and on CM7 you won't need to go through all those hoops (at least I don't when I tether to my Droid.)

2. jigwashere

jigwashere Mobile Deity

Awesome! Thanks.

Um....should I have gotten one for my 8 year old son? I'm worried that once he gets his hands on it, I'll never see it again. :rolleyes:

3. Adama D. Brown

Adama D. Brown Brighthand Reviewer

Probably. :)

I would probably be tempted to get a Nook Color myself, but for me to really use a tablet I'd want a 10" screen. There's not enough difference between 7" and 4.5" to be worth my effort maintaining another device, particularly given that I have 20/20 vision.

One nice thing about the Nook Color though is that it has the 1024 x 600 screen, which is substantially better than most of the cheap 7" tablets feature. The next step up with that resolution is the Galaxy Tab 7, which is almost twice the price.

4. jigwashere

jigwashere Mobile Deity

I have read about some people getting nice deals on used Galaxy Tab 7's, but the Nook Color is easier to get at this price. I'm excited! :newpalm:

5. LandSurveyor

LandSurveyor LandSurveyor

That's pretty much the reason I jumped at the cheap Touchpads. I could read perfectly well on a 7" e-ink screen but for web browsing and my biggie intended use, electronic magazines, I want a larger screen and definitely color.

Grab & quick lookup-type browsing tabs are great for, but if I'm to do any typing at all, I'll just boot up my Linux laptop.

6. jigwashere

jigwashere Mobile Deity

Uh, oh. I just bought another one for my mom-in-law.

7. Adama D. Brown

Hey, as long as you're going for it, I'm sure I could find a use. :D

8. Hook

Hook Have keyboard, will travel

I beginning to worry what happened to Jig's wife. Has anyone seen her since this started? :eek:

9. Adama D. Brown

Perhaps getting the wife's cooperation is why he's bribing the mother-in-law with a Nook. :D

10. jigwashere

jigwashere Mobile Deity

There may also be a bit of a misunderstanding. You see, I was trying to explain to my mother-in-law that I wasn't going to get a case or screen protector for her Nook, and I guess I should have chosen my words more carefully. :rolleyes:

<"I'll give you the Nook naked">