My Nexus 4 Drool until I get one thread. ;-)

Discussion in 'Other Device Manufacturers' started by Hook, Nov 2, 2012.

1. Hook

Hook Phone Killer ;-) Arrrrr...f

Nice review by the Verge.

Nexus 4 hands-on review - YouTube

Only big drawback (to them) is the lack of LTE which makes no difference to me. I'm getting excited. :newpalm:

2. scjjtt

scjjtt A Former Palm User

Looks nice - except I would want a memory card, NO glass back and ability to remove the battery - but it just seems that just isn't the case for Nexus phones - especially the card & battery issue...

3. Hook

As I've said before, many of my choices are determined by the fact that I do not buy carrier phones or have contracts. My choices are very limited, especially for phones with US radios. To get an unlocked phone this good for $350 is almost unheard of. I know I don"t use even half 16Gb now and I also have a 50Gb Box account. So I'll Live with the sealed battery and the 16 Gb limit. It will make a fine PDA with a phone.

4. Mi An

Mi An Nexus Refugee

Is the extra glass a plus for you? It's a whole extra side you can delight in not protecting ;v)

I figure one of these days, they'll introduce a phone that is entirely encased in glass, not just sandwiched in.

5. jigwashere

jigwashere Life is a circus!

How does that saying go: "People who live in glass houses should wear clothes?" :rolleyes: Nah....keep your Nexus naked! :D

6. scjjtt

scjjtt A Former Palm User

For the price it will make an excellent PDA with a phone - plus you get all the updates that Google puts out without waiting for either the carrier or the OEM!

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities

7. Hook

You bet! Another brain transplant. It will be the Hookette 4 as well as the Nexus 4. ;-)

8. Hook

By the way, I noticed Google or LG swiped the touchstone from the Palm Pre. ;)

9. Varjak

Varjak Mobile Deity

The price is incredibly low (for an unlocked phone), so I can easily forgive the non-removable battery (a very common issue in most phones anyway). But after this week's fiasco, a removable, swappable battery is a big plus. The missing card slot is more problematic; but again, the price makes it so very attractive nonetheless.

10. Hook