My Local Weather Is:

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by lelisa13p, Mar 20, 2007.

1. raspabalsa

raspabalsa Brain stuck BogoMipping

I wonder if lelisa's costume includes high heels, such as Calvin's Mom's outfit:

bcevkizz4sx41.jpg

Happy Mothers day, lelisa :) :hi:

scjjtt, lelisa13p, Hook and 3 others like this.
  2. headcronie

headcronie Greyscale. Nuff Said. Super Moderator

Every time I'm reminded of your occupation, I can't help but think...

[​IMG]

The lot of you are a fierce bunch. Hidden talent, and an amazing sense of adventure! :)

raspabalsa, scjjtt, lelisa13p and 3 others like this.
  3. lelisa13p

lelisa13p Your Super Moderator Super Moderator

Thanks! :vbsmile: Maneuvering in those high heels is an acquired skill. :vbtongue: And a very Happy Mother's Day to all of the wonderful Moms in your lives! :newpalm:

Thanks! :vbsmile: You're so right! :vbcool: We rule! :vbgrin: (At least in the Library. :vbtongue: )

4. EdmundDantes

EdmundDantes Mobile Deity

Raspy, good point. I run very hot and so wearing even a baseball hat when it's really hot out usually doesn't work for me. I can feel the difference with one on and off, even if the bill shades my face and the material protects my head. Probably a visor would work better for me.

5. raspabalsa

We're now deep in winter here in Bolivia. For the last week temperatures at dawn have been around -4ºC (25F) every single day. But it's a dry cold < raspy finds cold comfort parodying Bill Paxton's Private Hudson from Aliens>. It's really dry, no snow so far, at least here in Viacha. I'm constantly reminded that this place is really a high-altitude, frozen desert. As the sun comes out, temperatures quickly "soar" to a mild 12ºC (54F), only to plummet equally quickly at dusk. It's so sunny that it's actually pleasant to walk outside at noon, under the bright sun.

I'm still riding my bike to work every day, but I'm taking off later than during the other seasons. Usually I leave my apartment at 5:55AM, but now I'm leaving 20 minutes later. Still dark, though, and very cold too. Locals say cold is early this year, and that we should expect at least -8ºC (17F) next month. I'd like them to be wrong, but the sight of the frozen tailing ponds as I arrive to the plant speak otherwise :(.

6. headcronie

headcronie Greyscale. Nuff Said. Super Moderator

I'll swap weather with you, Raspy! We've been in the mid 90's F, with uncomfortably high humidity. Air conditioner has been working hard for two weeks straight to keep us mostly comfortable. The humidity broke yesterday, but the temps are expected to be inching higher this week yet again. We're also falling into a drought. Our lawns have turned crispy and brown. Those of us with in ground irrigation systems or portable sprinklers are having somewhat better luck in keeping green patches in our lawns. It has been pretty miserable the past two weeks. Temps in the 50's F? Sign me up!

7. raspabalsa

Would gladly do it, HC! Two years ago I solemnly swore never again to complain of heat -dry or humid. I prefer the dry variety, but any kind of heat will do for me now. It takes a lot of will to get from under the bed covers, and a lot more to get out in the bike.

Oh, and the toilets at the plant were frozen this morning :confused:.

8. RickAgresta

RickAgresta General Peanut, leader of the Peanutty Forces

O. M. G. - hoping that just means the pipes…

lelisa13p, headcronie, Hook and 2 others like this.
  9. raspabalsa

The pipes were frozen solid, no water came out of the faucet until about 9 AM.

But nope, not just the pipes. The bowl itself was frozen too. That's always a... peculiar sight. Yes, I'll go with peculiar and leave it at that :confused::eek:;).

10. RickAgresta

RickAgresta General Peanut, leader of the Peanutty Forces

Granted, car wasn't in shade the entire day, but still…
    IMG_20210630_172134_a.jpg