My Local Weather Is:

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by lelisa13p, Mar 20, 2007.

1. RickAgresta

RickAgresta Peanut, leader of the Peanutty Forces

Just took these less than an hour ago -- to give you some idea of how moist it's been lately…oh, not my home, fwiw:

Halfsize_IMG_20201024_110237403-picsay.jpg Halfsize_IMG_20201024_110254349-picsay.jpg

EdmundDantes, scjjtt, JRakes and 4 others like this.
  2. lelisa13p

lelisa13p Your Super Moderator Super Moderator

The short and not-so-sweet: Got hammered by Hurricane Zeta in the wee hours of Thursday AM. Power outage from 4 AM until after 1PM. Cable was also gone and remains MIA. Maybe it'll be repaired during the day Friday. Comcast can't begin to make any repairs until after Ga Power gives the all-clear, for obvious safety reasons. Wind speeds are the bottom line for both utilities because nobody wants to get blown off of a utility pole. These weather complications are the reason that I have internet and cable with two different providers. I may not be able to watch TV or even view my DVR content currently but by golly, I've got internet! :thumbsup: Going to bed now because it's late and very boring. See you all in the daylight hours. :vbsmile:

PS No trees on the house either! :hi:

scjjtt, RickAgresta, Hook and 2 others like this.
  3. lelisa13p

UPDATE: Comcast came back on today around 1 PM. YAY! :thumbsup: OTOH, my 90-yr-old Mom's neighborhood, approx 3 miles from mine by car, still has no power. Temp this AM was in the 40s. :vbeek: She's spending tonite in my sister's guest room. :newpalm:

4. RickAgresta

glad it wasn't as bad as it could have been, although it was bad enough. It's great that you all are local enough for your Mom.

Side note: I guess your sister did okay at the movies? or was that a different sis?

scjjtt, Hook, lelisa13p and 2 others like this.
  5. lelisa13p

She's the same sister, who's now been to the movies at least a half-dozen times. The last time they went, they were the only two people in the little theater. It's one of those multiplex cinemas that have 24 theaters and each is pretty small, if that's any solace. I wouldn't do it but she sits in the pew that says "If I get it, I get it. I'm not going to live in fear." I myself have a healthy respect for Coronavirus, which has a distinct advantage 24/7/365. :vbmad: They wear masks, wash hands and socially distance when possible but also meet in large wedding and funeral groups and go to church every Sunday. My mother does all of that, too, with the exception of movie-going. I've had to actively put all of that out of my mind in order to not lose my tish. :vbeek: Today she told me that they've decided to ask everyone to their house for Christmas dinner :vbeek: but I will be conspicuous in my absence. :vbfrown: My DIL is an MD - I know the odds. :vbfrown: Except for my niece and nephew, the youngest person there will be 57-years-old, all with pre-existing conditions. *sigh*

TL/DR:
    Yep, the same sister. :vbsmile:

scjjtt, Hook, headcronie and 2 others like this.
  6. RickAgresta

hope it all is good; I don't think saying 'ignorance is bliss' applies here....

scjjtt, Hook, headcronie and 2 others like this.
  7. lelisa13p

These days, ignorance is just dumb. :vbrolleyes:

scjjtt, Hook, RickAgresta and 2 others like this.