My Local Weather Is:

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by lelisa13p, Mar 20, 2007.

1. jigwashere

jigwashere Life is a circus!

RickAgresta, scjjtt and raspabalsa like this.
  2. RickAgresta

RickAgresta Peanut, leader of the Peanutty Forces

Well, *that* was "interesting"

Screenshot_2019-04-15-03-34-43.png

False alarm, fortunately :newpalm:

3. headcronie

headcronie Greyscale. Nuff Said. Super Moderator

I heard your area was next up for some nutty weather... hold onto your hat today!

4. lelisa13p

lelisa13p Your Super Moderator Super Moderator

Down here in the Deep South we have whiplash.

83° on Saturday, horrible wind joined by storms followed by more wind on Sunday, low of 45° last nite and barely 62° today.

5. EdmundDantes

EdmundDantes Mobile Deity

We're still pretty wintery here too.

scjjtt likes this.
  6. jigwashere

Good morning, hc! Got your shovel ready? :eek:

Spring storm could drop up to 8 inches of snow on southern Minnesota
    Sometimes it snows in late April.

Winter is about to make a spring weekend comeback, with 4 to 8 inches of snow expected Saturday in a large portion of southern Minnesota. The National Weather Service in Chanhassen on Friday issued a winter storm warning in effect from 7 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday in south-central and southeastern Minnesota, including the cities of Mankato, Fairmont, Albert Lea and Rochester.

A less dire winter weather advisory was declared for the rest of southern Minnesota and parts of western Wisconsin, where 2 to 4 inches of snow are possible. That advisory includes much of the south metro.

The storm will come on the heels of several days of mild weather in which yards got racked, cars got washed and snow shovels got stashed.

The snow won’t stay long. In the warning zone, rain will turn to heavy snow by daybreak, with snowfall rates of 1 to 2 inches per hour — along with a few thunderstorms, the NWS said.

East to northeast winds will enliven the weather situation, with 10- to 20-mile-per-hour east to northeast winds gusting up to 30 mph.

By midafternoon, temperatures will rise quickly, “and travel conditions are expected to improve significantly,” the NWS said on its website.

In the metro area, rain and snow will fall through the morning and into the afternoon, with an inch or two of accumulation before the afternoon melt begins. The day’s high of 45 and Saturday night’s low of 38 won’t feel very springlike.

Sunday in the metro will be cloudy, with rain returning Sunday night and lingering into Monday. Sunshine isn’t expected to return until Tuesday, which will be dry and partly sunny with a high near 53. Wednesday and Thursday are likely to bring more rain.

Those days will also bring the month of May. It remains to be seen if sometimes it snows in May.

headcronie, lelisa13p and scjjtt like this.
  7. headcronie

No... not really. We will be traveling back home from Hillsboro, ND I to this mess today. Will be getting close to home mid afternoon. Maybe... :/

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 8 using Tapatalk

scjjtt, lelisa13p and jigwashere like this.
  8. jigwashere

False alarm: Snowstorm slides south, most of MN to be spared

by Joe Nelson, bringmethenews.com
    April 27, 2019 07:25 AM

The winter storm impacting the Upper Midwest today has shifted south, meaning most of the heavy snow is expected to impact will be in northern Iowa and southern Wisconsin, not southern Minnesota as was forecast on Friday.

The National Weather Service has trimmed the number of Minnesota counties in a winter storm warning significantly, and all that remain in the warning are six counties on the border: Martin, Faribault, Freeborn, Mower, Fillmore, and Houston counties.

Even those are now on the northern periphery of where the heaviest snow is expected to fall.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

scjjtt, headcronie and lelisa13p like this.
  9. headcronie

Just pulled into Eagan Outlets. Thanks for the update!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 8 using Tapatalk

scjjtt, jigwashere and lelisa13p like this.
  10. raspabalsa

raspabalsa Brain stuck BogoMipping

Well, winter has arrived in Bolivia. This is the first week with below zero temperatures every day:

Screenshot_2019-05-13-20-05-16.jpg

I know these temperatures will seem mild to fellow BH'ers from Minnesota (they're in degrees Celsius) but for me, below zero temperatures don't go with terms such as "nice", "pleasant", or "comfortable"! Well, objectively I guess they're mild compared to below zero degrees Fahrenheit, but still, it's bitterly cold around here. It's already snowing in some nearby places. Definitely not looking forward to next month, when winter really kicks in!