My Local Weather Is:

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by lelisa13p, Mar 20, 2007.

1. jigwashere

jigwashere Life is a circus!

We're still looking at 6" to 10" of snow starting this afternoon, which is bad enough, but what has me most concerned is that we're going to start out with rain. Freezing rain really makes walking and driving treacherous, and can also accumulate on overhead wires and branches, putting them at risk of breaking. For Wednesday, the forecast is for 40F with rain, which should help to melt quite a bit of the accumulated snow.

2. RickAgresta

RickAgresta Peanut, leader of the Peanutty Forces

hope the freezing rain takes the day&night off, jig. even though my immediate neighborhood has underground utilities, the power lines that feed the development are very much above ground...

3. lelisa13p

lelisa13p Your Super Moderator Super Moderator

Freezing rain is what strikes fear in the hearts of residents in my part of the country. There's virtually nothing to be done ahead of it and you don't always get lucky. :vbfrown:

Fingers crossed that everyone gets lucky this time. :newpalm:

4. jigwashere

I found 6-½ inches of wet, heavy snow on my driveway this morning. I've already shoveled it. Temps today will be in the upper 20s to lower 30s, and the sun is shining brightly. I expect to see pavement where I shoveled. :}

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

5. lelisa13p

And just for good measure, adding insult to injury, DST began today, and now the joy of that morning snow removal will once again be done in the pre-Dawn darkness. :vbfrown: Say hello to December again? :vbrolleyes:

Hold on, boys! I hear Spring's coming! *achoo!* :vboops:

6. jigwashere

Spring is coming, indeed! The weather today was pretty awesome. After I finished shoveling, the temps did drop a bit to just below freezing, but the sun was high and bright and was able to melt what was left on the majority of my pavement. There is a section near the top that doesn't get much sun, so that area is a bit icy, unfortunately. Anyway, now that DST happens in March, sunrise is around 7am. That's really not too bad.

Temps will rise this week and we're expected to get a lot of rain on Wednesday. The warmth and rain should do wonders to help rid us of some snow. I won't get out the lawn mower just yet, but it won't be too long before I'll have a different set of chores.

7. jigwashere

I want steak! [​IMG]

8. scjjtt

scjjtt A Former Palm User

Our first year we were in Syracuse in 2000-2001 we got 17 feet of snow. When our daughter came home for Christmas break from San Diego she wanted a BBQ. Our grill was out on the porch like yours with a sliding door. I removed all the snow and we grilled - while it was even snowing! Those were the days!

Sent from my Lenovo TAB 2 A10-70F using Tapatalk

9. lelisa13p

Down here you'd have covered that thing up with a waterproof cover from Home Depot or Lowe's or such as soon as the weather got cool. Winter grilling? No problem after removing the snow and the cover. :thumbsup: There's a dry, happy grill underneath. :vbsmile: We don't get all that much snow but the rain is epic!

10. EdmundDantes

EdmundDantes Mobile Deity

Jig, I think you need one of those covers for that grill!

Yeah, freezing rain is the worst. It brings down the power cables etc., and really messes with drivers.

RickAgresta, scjjtt and jigwashere like this.