My Local Weather Is:

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by lelisa13p, Mar 20, 2007.

1. RickAgresta

RickAgresta Peanut, leader of the Peanutty Forces

hc, I think Edmund was referring to a video in the thread, not the picture of your brave_but_out-matched Focus…ah, here it is:
    http://forum.brighthand.com/threads/my-local-weather-is.239093/page-238#post-1913590

2. headcronie

headcronie Greyscale. Nuff Said. Super Moderator

Gotcha. It has been a rough few days. Apologies! :)

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 8 using Tapatalk

Last edited: Feb 26, 2019
  3. EdmundDantes

EdmundDantes Mobile Deity

lelisa13p, scjjtt and raspabalsa like this.
  4. EdmundDantes

EdmundDantes Mobile Deity

Yeah, I thought the reference was to the parking lot video. I even went back and tried to figure out which one was the one specific to Headcronie, but couldn't trace it for sure. Both are pretty severe.

The same night as I read this thread last week, my local news showed the same exact video of the plows plowing in formation. Super cool.

lelisa13p, headcronie and scjjtt like this.
  5. raspabalsa

raspabalsa Brain stuck BogoMipping

lelisa13p, headcronie and scjjtt like this.
  6. scjjtt

scjjtt A Former Palm User

I'm not sure why I am so late looking at this thread - I guess the 75-80 degree weather may have something to do with it.

I loved watching those videos - especially the train videos in Donner's Pass. While living in CA in the 90's I had the opportunity of skiing at Donner's Ranch & other places around Tahoe. It is truly beautiful!

Sent from my Lenovo TAB 2 A10-70F using Tapatalk

RickAgresta, lelisa13p and headcronie like this.
  7. headcronie

headcronie Greyscale. Nuff Said. Super Moderator

More snow this weekend. I'm done, I've tapped out. I'm not sufficiently dug out from this last round. Exiting my driveway is a test of nerves, as I can't see vehicles in either direction due to towering snow piles on the boulevards. I hope and pray that those that are driving on the street are observant, and driving slow so as to not t-bone your vehicle as you pull out. Flat roof buildings are sagging and being closed in increasing number. Schools have been dropping like flies due to structural failures. And there's more snow on the way... Roof rakes are in high demand. I wish I could use one, but my roof is sorely out of reach. Two stories above ground - no roof rake will reach that far... And there's more snow on the way...

One plus, nobody can see Amazon, or other packages at my front door. Nobody can see my front door...Maybe I should have an online shopping day. :)

8. jigwashere

jigwashere Life is a circus!

Here's a solution that should help you see over those towering snow piles, hc!

9. RickAgresta

RickAgresta Peanut, leader of the Peanutty Forces

Enjoy it while you can, Scott, hotter days are coming:

2019-03-07 17.35.47.png .

10. jigwashere

jigwashere Life is a circus!

Hennepin County judge files restraining order against Old Man Winter
    https://www.kare11.com/article/weat...-snow/89-24c3249b-2751-47d1-868d-c0b2afcee599
    by Debbie Berg, kare11.com
    March 7, 2019 09:17 PM

[​IMG]

The Twin Cities and part of Minnesota were buried by a record-breaking storm system Wednesday. KARE contributor Debbie Berg wonders if she'll find her beloved Mustang before the spring melt.
    MINNEAPOLIS — Hennepin County Judge Kevin Burke is coming to the rescue of Minnesotans far and wide.

The judge granted a temporary restraining order against "Minnesota Meteorologists, Old Man Winter, and Mr. Snow" on Thursday.

"Minnesotans are hardy people," Burke wrote in his order. "They enjoy their winters and have a good relationship with the Defendants. But their [sic] comes a point when the trust between the parties is ruptured."

Burke acknowledged that the order "tests the limits of judicial authority," but insisted that "it is not a reflexive or petulant act by a frustrated judge."

He pointed out that there is no jury that would find in favor of the Defendants - unless the case was moved to Arizona or Florida.

"This Order is issued because there is compelling evidence in the record that Minnesota Meteorologists have conspired with the other Defendants to increase television and radio ratings," Burke wrote. "Who, for example, would watch the weather in Hawaii where it is always nice?"

The request was filed on behalf of Minnesotans by the firm Sue, Grabit, and Run, according to court documents.

Read the full order here.
    https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/5762655-MN-v-MN-Meteorologists-Et-Al-Order-to-Enjoin.html

Last edited: Mar 7, 2019